Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP Stopped Burning CD`s

• 12-06-2006 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Dell running XP SP2. Up to about a week ago there was no issue burning cds from Copy Folder Menu. No I cannot burn any cd`s direct from this menu anymore.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Right click on the cd burner in my computer and select "properties". Go through the settings and make sure that the burning/recording opyions are selected.
    If everything is ok there, remove and re-install the Roxio burning software (if you have it installed).
    Does the burner work with the burner software?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Thanks for the reply.

The burner works fine with iTunes and another package.

Is the Roxio software on the Windows installation disc?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If Roxio software was pre-installed on the pc when you got it then it should be on the applications cd that came with the pc, not the windows installation disk. It may also be in a folder on your hard drive called "Dell".
    You should also be able to download it from Dell support.
    The inbuilt cd burning in XP is also Roxio software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Too many burning ROM's (e.g Roxio & Nero) can cause problems like CD's failing.

Happened to me many a time, once you uninstall back to say 1 burning rom it should be fine. All in all i'd say your having software conflicts, just a guess but it's usually the right one.

Advertisement