Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new fitted kitchen comments please

Options
  • 12-06-2006 9:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Am about to purchase a new kitchen and wanted peoples opinions. How did people find cash and carry kitchens. Am from south kildare so any good recommendations from carpenters. Appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Dcully wrote:
    Am about to purchase a new kitchen and wanted peoples opinions. How did people find cash and carry kitchens. Am from south kildare so any good recommendations from carpenters. Appreciated

great , super , use them..... top quailty and delivered in a week....

c&c should give you a list of fitters registied with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Was going to go with them but found Kitchen World better quality (heavier doors etc) and the same price, also nicer interior shelves etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Not purchased yet but we found B&Q to be a lot cheaper (€3200 as opposed to €4500) and with a better looking spec. Longer lead time though and they won't fit outside Dublin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

MarVeL wrote:
    Not purchased yet but we found B&Q to be a lot cheaper (€3200 as opposed to €4500) and with a better looking spec. Longer lead time though and they won't fit outside Dublin

B&Q kitchens have had some discussion on this board, it would be wise to check them out first.

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Cash + Carrys stuff is good and they get it out quick, but my dealings with the guy who started to fit it was bad - he was the salesman so he recommended himself - at no liability to Cash+Carry - he started it but never finished it - after a couple of weeks of my partner dealing with him and his promises to come back, i get fed up set him a deadline - he never showed and i fit it myself. I should have fit it myself to start with but i was busy with other house stuff and had never fit a kitchen before.
    I never heard from the guy again - he didnt get anything for the 7 hours or so work he did with another guy which is why i found it weird that he couldnt be bothered to ring and try to hold the job or get some cash.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Noyeks Newmans are worth a look, they've got some nice stuff, and pricing (was) pretty good. We got our kitchen there, they did send out a wrong unit, apparantly they had duplicate part numbers, but it got sorted out. They don't provide a kitchen design service though, you will have to know what you want from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Myself and my brother both got kitchens from Gallaghers in Lucan, Dublin. They design to your spec, make them up, fit them and are reasonably priced - 3500 for a standard size kitchen. My kitchen hadn't a straight wall in it and they did a good job fitting it. They made a slight mistake in that they fitted a normal tall broom cupboard as opposed to the pull out larder that I ordered, but the owner came and rectified it after about 2 weeks so it was grand. They also put 2 matching doors on a little utility room that I have in the kitchen that wasn't in the original spec and they didn't charge for it.

They were a little bit slow to deal with as they were quite busy but they were always helpful when I was talking to them.

Advertisement