Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Laser line Alarm

Options
  • 12-06-2006 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I Have a Laserline Alarm that seems to be playing up. It started about 2 years ago by just going off at random, and after a while it stopped that.

Recently it started again, and after locking the car using the remote, it beeps normally to indicate that the car is locked and then a few more quiter beeps as i walk away from the car. By the way, It's fitted to an E36 BMW with full closure. The car battery was changed about 12 months ago and seemed to have no effect.

If anyone had any similar experiences, I'd appreciate opinions, thoughts or ideas.

Thanking you,
    Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My laserline alarm used to flash quickly a few times while the system was arming, I was told that the number of flashes indicate a particular fault with the alarm. maybe the beeps do the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It sounds like a error code alright (like how PC will beep in a certain way when you turn it on if there's a problem with the memory).
    The manual (or guys who fitted it) should be able to tell you what it means.

Mine does the same if I accidentially hit the central locking on the key while it's armed. Alarm goes off, I fumble with the disarm button :D, and it beeps once as normal, then a 2nd time with a deeper tone to indicate the interior sensors were tripped (when the door locks disengaged) - there's a different number of beeps to indicate if the bonnet, boot etc was opened while the alarm was armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

Enter the car, turn the ing three times and then count the flashes on the led, it will have five records of alarm trigger, it will flash so many times pause and flash again to show the history, 1 flash is ing sensor, 3 flash is door trigger, 5 is for the ultrasonic. The low beeps are telling you your interior light is on a delay which is fine as long as it is not on for longer than 45 seconds which would cause the alarm to sound. If its the ultrasonics which i'd expect, there is a trimmer on the box they plug into, you can reduce the sensativety. hope this helps

Advertisement