Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alot of helicopters over Tallaght lately?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

The older one almost crashed a few times, didn't it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The older one almost crashed a few times, didn't it?

I haven't heard about that, tho a gazelle did crash while we were there.
    Engine failure during auto rotation training. It came down hard in a nearby field, both pilots walked away fortunately. As you can see it was completely written off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've noticed that there's been 1 zipping around quite quickly all day today... Anyone know anything about it? Why's it flying around so quickly? It's going back and forth all day long!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DaveMcG wrote:
    I've noticed that there's been 1 zipping around quite quickly all day today... Anyone know anything about it? Why's it flying around so quickly? It's going back and forth all day long!

1. It may be the Garda Alpha Sierra Unit on traffic management duties especially with extra traffic generated by the Ryder Cup. I was listening to them on and off today and they seemed to be spending a lot of time around the Naas Rd and Saggart Interchange.

2. Ryder Cup helicopter transport services for those who don't do traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

****ing k club clique, i was staying at me ma's over the weekend. by the time i walked from the bus stop to me gaff 12 of the damn things have passed. damn close to each other too. im telling you if i ever get the toff who woke me at7.30 this morning flying out to the club i'll kill em. helicopters and hangovers do not mix. makes me glad im back home now, dont know how you lads hack it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

you should try and purchase one of these from the local warlords, or maybe the wanted section on adverts.ie :p

stinger_03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol, not a bad idea

There's a chopper pottering about in the sky again at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

there is only liek 10 people in the country who can fly a hilicopter at night and most of them work for the gards... theres one fella in howth whos a doctor who has to get to cork galway etc very quick who can also fly at night....

ive also seen them fly around the city centre at night... cant hear them unless teh window is open but they could do with going a bit higher....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yeah but thats no fun!
    I got to fly in the older copper chopper a few years back, came in low over the city and even got to enter restricted airspace over the "Joy" followed by a check on the crowds leaving Croke Park after a football replay (Donegal v Dublin I think) then hopped up to finglas to follow some joyriders...

I was working in the Air Corps as part of University work experience and I had to hand in a letter to the garda station in Baldonnell requesting permission to go on a "flip" in the helicopter. After a background check I got the go ahead. I dunno if anyone else could do it easily if they weren't already working in the Air Corps but maybe it worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I've been hearing these damn helicopters very often in the last 2 weeks as well.(Templeogue) Nothing like a helicopter keeping you awake at 3 or 4am at night.They seem to just fly around for an hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!

You're all wrong!!

The real reason for this is simple, The Gardai and The Irish Army have set up a Helicopter flying school just off the Firhouse roundabout. These young pilots will be flying in the most trecherous conditions imaginable in countries like Iraq, and Afghan-JiHAD-istan. And therefor must display excellent abilty in keeping a helicopter in the air, amist a serious pelting by scum ^^

Advertisement