Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Objection Letter Due by Thursday 15th June !!

Options
  • 12-06-2006 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Draft of letter to go to (I assume) to Wicklow County Council. I'll have this reviewed prior to sending, but we should all be sending similar in before Thursday if we want to stop the rezoning of the land adjacent to Charlesland as residential. Will update tomorrow as to where any letter should be sent.

EDIT: See Below.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Marcais I hope you are doing it in your own name as claiming to represent all the residents in Charlesland or an association could legally put you in hot water.I agree with what you are doing just be careful for your own sake.A residents association now needs to be registered with W.C.C. have articles of association fully elected office of board, bank accounts, tax reg etc and needs 8/10 of the residents signed up.Just advice for your own sake. In the Wood the re is no residents committee established also Gardai responding in a timely fashion you need evidence or supporting documentation from the station.Watch the facts or your objection ewill not be considered as it can be turned down due to inaccurate facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Bertie wrote:
    Marcais I hope you are doing it in your own name as claiming to represent all the residents in Charlesland or an association could legally put you in hot water.I agree with what you are doing just be careful for your own sake.A residents association now needs to be registered with W.C.C. have articles of association fully elected office of board, bank accounts, tax reg etc and needs 8/10 of the residents signed up.Just advice for your own sake. In the Wood there is no residents committee established also Gardai responding in a timely fashion you need evidence or supporting documentation from the station.Watch the facts or your objection ewill not be considered as it can be turned down due to inaccurate facts.

Thanks Bertie. This is due tomorrow, so I just put it up for discussion. Will discuss with Res. Committee tomorrow night as to amendments.

TO CLARIFY: This submission is in relation to proposed plans to rezone lands adajcent to Charlesland, build large houses, and potentially apartments and duplexes.

Please amend the wording as you wish, but this can be used as a guideline. Your submission will need to be mailed by this Thursday 15th June. Ensure that your name and address is on your submission.

http://www.footypix.com/files/WCC letter.doc

This should be sent to Wicklow County Council – Can be sent via e-mail to

plandev@wicklowcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Thanks Marcais..
    Sending tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

Just sent them an email - thanks for providing the letter.

• Advertisement

CHANGES MADE TO THE LETTER AND NOW OK TO GO. PLEASE MAKE CHANGES TO THE INTRODUCTION ETC. AS YOU WISH. AND, remember that this letter is in your name so be comfortable with what is being said (not that it is contentious IMO):

Marcais wrote:
    TO CLARIFY: This submission is in relation to proposed plans to rezone lands adajcent to Charlesland, build large houses, and potentially apartments and duplexes.

Please amend the wording as you wish, but this can be used as a guideline. Your submission will need to be mailed by this Thursday 15th June. Ensure that your name and address is on your submission.

This should be sent to Wicklow County Council – Can be sent via e-mail to

plandev@wicklowcoco.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Hello,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Are we not better if its zoned residential. In a perfect world they would just make it a green space but that wont happen. So if its a choice of living beside more houses or living beside light industrial which can be built there (factories) i would go for the houses. We should be carefull no to end up with the worse of two options. All I know is from what i heard was that if it stays commercail it was prob going to be a factory and some offices and that the garda station wasnt going to be moved to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

I also side with Coolhand and therefore I have no intention of submitting the objection letter to the WCC at this point. I live in one of houses that backs onto the land in question and yes, I did pay extra for that particular one but I did so to have a south facing garden. I certainly didn't buy it to have a light industrial site behind us. If it gets rezoned to residential, after seeing the plans, that's when I'll consider objecting if I don't like what I see

IMO, all vacant land on both sides of the main road between Greystones and Eden Gate will eventually be residential housing. I don't see anybody rushing into the IDA site

Advertisement