Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb DSL Problems at night

• 13-06-2006 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I'm on Digiweb's 4MB DSL Pro and I have no problems during the day. Over the last few weeks from 10pm onwards I constantly lose connection, the PP/ACT light goes out on the router and it reconnects straight away. Tonight this has happened 6 times since 11:45PM - only using Outlook and browsing boards.ie

I've emailed their support now twice last week and got no response. Is anybody else experiencing similar loss of connection to Digiweb?

There, it went again as I tried to submit this ... :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if the 'synch light' goes the problem is between you and the exchange where eircom own the line and all the gear .

it could be

1. better ventilation, your router runs hot as you hammer it ?
    2. someone turns on something in your house, a shower maybe ?
    3. Someone turns OFF something in your house.
    4. Your neighjbours turn on security lights which cause arcing
    5. Someone between you and the exchange turns something electrical off or on which interferes with the telephone line
    6. Your sky box phones home .
    7. A rat comes into eircoms DSL rack and goes to sleep in his nest, every night .

A strange combination of the above.

Can you 'hear' anything on the phone while this goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

The 'sync' light does not go off, only the orange PPP/ACT light and during the day I have no problems even with my son playing WoW for hours. And there's nothing on the phone line when this is happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

could well be digiweb so . They negotiate pp and give you an IP address.

Maybe they renew the ip every night around then, can you check your ip address before and after a reset ?

Ask them to be less paranoid and to do it every 3 days instead :D

It's a static IP ... spoke to them this morning and they're going to look into it. I've been with them for 2 years now with no problems, the only co-incidental thing that happened during May is that Eircom changed the exchange codes in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm on the Digiweb 2MB DSL, and don't get any problems (in Finglas area).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

My digiweb dsl connection is the pits tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

Mines always pits. Im only getting 1mb and being billed for 2, emailed them two weeks ago and heard nothing back!

Mines always pits. Im only getting 1mb and being billed for 2, emailed them two weeks ago and heard nothing back!

They hardly ever respond to emails ... phone them 042 9393350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

Gosh wrote:
    They hardly ever respond to emails ... phone them 042 9393350

Not true I emailed them and said I would cancel the dd by the end of the week if they did not respond. I had a return email early the next day.

Advertisement