Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woo-hoo/Anti-Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Repeats are over, wootage!

Maths i should pass easily enough, the SEP i doubt but i can hope and pray. That said i expect to be there again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

@Pythia: that's scarry!! Glad to hear the A&E was quick!!
    @Scraggs: all depends on the kind of pressi, imho.

Woo Hoo:
    Found new home for me and my teddy bears from September on!! :) Blackrock it is and daft.ie rocks! :):):)
    The only thing missing now is a job to be able to pay rent for new place...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Scraggs wrote:
    Poor pythia:o.. hope you wont be scarred or anything

They said it'll only be minimal.
    The dog is gone now. RIP Rupert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Pythia wrote:
    They said it'll only be minimal.
    Sorry to hear about the dog Pythia, I know it was necessary and all but its still a tough thing to have to do. Glad to hear you'll have pretty much no scarring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    the english department gave me a freaken office of my own to finish my thesis in! legends!! granted i only need it for a week, but it's a crucial week. i take back anything bad i ever said about them.

Thats a very cool thing of them to do :)

My woo-hoo, got sent a load of old photographs from my graf days. Memories and whatnot, innit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Pythia wrote:

I can feel the love

My woohoo: goin to Espana in 6 days!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

pythia wrote:

Its kinda weird I'm just reading the Green mile now....

wooo - won the poker last night....€30 for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

blondie83 wrote:
    Wow you're a better poker player than HappyCrackHead... and nobody's a better poker player than HappyCrackHead!

(He stings people in poker games in order to fund his happy crack-habit... true story)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

blondie83 wrote:

w00t! I just learned Texas Hold 'em but I've been a straight-poker shark for years. Currently stinging my co-workers who were naive enough to teach me. Burn and turn people, burn and turn. Woo-hoo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yay, received presents yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Eep! I read that as "received parents"! :)

Woot: finally started getting communication from my Uni in Germany. About bloody time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

elmyra wrote:
    w00t! I just learned Texas Hold 'em but I've been a straight-poker shark for years. Currently stinging my co-workers who were naive enough to teach me. Burn and turn people, burn and turn. Woo-hoo! :D

When the lads in my work found out I could play they decidded not to invite the girls to poker nite... (OMG we so should have a boards poker nite!!)

Anyway, woot sold my radiohead tkt so i didn't flush €60 down the poo train (live em but will be in Croatia...)

Woot 2 had an each-way on Derval at 33-1 so... CHA-CHING!

Woot 3 I forgot. Damn, I swear it was woot-worthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

dajaffa wrote:

Anyway, woot sold my radiohead tkt so i didn't flush €60 down the poo train (live em but will be in Croatia...)

Arrrgghhh I was so desperate for a Radiohead ticket! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i have finished and handed in my masters thesis.

the sense of anticlimax is crushing.

but i think i can muster a small woo hoo for the principle of the thing.

now to wonder whether naming it after an 80s thrash metal album was a bad idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I quoted QOTSA in an exam once. Heh.

Anyway... WOOHOO, just ordered 24 balls of the most beautiful metallic yarns on Ebay. They're about €6 a ball in Hickeys, but I payed less than €50 in total.

J'adore l'E-bay. Also, bought fantastic sheets and stuff in Clerys. So I'm broke. But I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

grats rain on. No small accomplishment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

WOoHOO just got my acceptance letter from DIT for the Postgraduate Legal Studies thingy. After some deliberation i decided to accept the offer, I wont be returning to UCD next year, :( or :) whatever your outlook is, but im over the moon to be on the legal ladder. So to all of UCD Goodbye Goodbye !

PS the Hockey Club and the YPD'S have me on their committees so you may see me from time to time.

But to academic life in UCD "Goodbye Goodbye"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Pythia wrote:
    I was kinda mauled by my dog earlier. My woo hoo is it missed my eye by a few millimetres so I didn't need plastic surgery, just stitches.
    And woo hoo for the A&E dept, I was in and out in less than an hour!

Sad to hear that, hope you get well soon. But at least your one person who wont be blaming Mary Harney for the so called crisis in health ! Less than One hour, thats efficient

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Since we're on a poker related woo-hoo buzz. As of last night I've $670 in my poker a/c, not bad considering I started with a free $5.

And that money keeps on growing baby!

Know someone who is doing that course aswell Hetfield in Septermber, nice guy, so theres a woo-hoo for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

dajaffa wrote:
    (OMG we so should have a boards poker nite!!)

I fully support this.

Woo-hoo the first: my Mammy figures I need a holiday and has offered to pay for one. :D

Woo-hoo the second: I got Lucky Charms in Fallon & Byrne. :) (the €8.75 price tag is not woo-hoo material at all). :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yay on the lucky charms - so getting them - glad they defo had them.....

Went to the ruby sessions on Tuesday - best decision EVER. Jack L was playing and despite the fact he was meant to play for like 20 minutes he played way longer and he was class and it was only a fiver in. I'm now in love. Bought his album - also sublime.

Oh and there was another guy playing whose ep i bought and he was really good too - i love finding new people to like!

I was in dublin for a few days and it was lovely - i got a happy buzz.

I'm just awake after a very good nights sleep - was wrecked from going out.

I got lots of presents in Dublin (Úna i love you) and there was another one waiting for me when I got home and some lovely cards too. Teehee

I have lots of woohoos today and that almost requires one of itself that life is so good!

Woo, something has clearly gone wrong with internet settings in work + i have access now. YES

elmyra wrote:
    Originally Posted by dajaffa
    (OMG we so should have a boards poker nite!!)

I fully support this.

(
    #include<support.h>

on a woohoo related note - my dissertation is nearly finished...thank God!!!

Further woo hoo - just managed to refrence boards in my dissertation!

Woot just about finished work for the summer, Croatia 2moro. + kids sign up for vodafone tba music thing. it was gonna be Keane but now apparently Franz Ferdinand r on the 31st of august (u can bring me if u win ;) -it's a raffle system methinks) www.vodafoneaccessmusic.ie/tba.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Woo... a river found me!!!*

*It's an archaeology thing.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

w00t: most annoying, difficult, housemate EVER is moving out!

To make things even sweeter, my best friend might move in ... which'd call for a serious housewarming party!

/me dances around bedroom in euphoric glee
    1219.gif1219.gif1219.gif1074.gif1074.gif1074.gif1074.gif1074.gif1219.gif1219.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

WOOHOO! Got my first choice on the CAO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sorry, you're not allowed post in this thread until you get your student card. :p

Woot: Only a month to go.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement