Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woo-hoo/Anti-Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Woo... I can see again!!!

*Too much malt in the wee hours... all against doctors orders but needed.*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Woo hooo for shopping! I got a new umbrella with mickey and minnie mouse on it (I tried so hard to find Elmyra!!), I bought a ball gown for Strauss (though according to certain boardsies this makes me a societies hack :p) and, the woo hoo de resistance....I found a massive handbag that fits my laptop in it and has the added bonus of being ubersexy, no more carrying backpacks for mise!

Other woo hoo- work have decided to become one of those 'we <3 our employees' types and as such have been giving out free Smarties, organising BBQs and hanging up balloons everywhere. (Myself and Gemma did not suck the helium out of the balloons and answer calls with resulting vocal changes....no sir, not us).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Woot, dajaffa managed to get into the freebie Franz Ferdinand gig with my tickets without my presence. Egggsellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Woot, dajaffa managed to get into the freebie Franz Ferdinand gig with my tickets without my presence. Egggsellent.

Woot franz ferdinand rocked + it was all free, spank u very much ss

Further woot I got 33% off a second skin performance baselayer top thing in a shop on my way home from said gig

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Woot! Won sailing series!

*hums Queen's "We are the Champions"*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Hol is home, I have missed her so!

Also i'm tipsy - always nice, i had mexican for dinner - totally excellent, i'm going to cork tomorrow to discuss Disco Pigs, brilliance in itself, oh and i've just threatened to cry at a lecturer if I don't get back to my beloved hospital for placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Despite having the living daylights scared out of me I'm not dying so woohoo!!

Oh and as far as I can tell I'm going into 2nd year but its so confusing so I'm gonna hold on to that woohoo for a while til its certain.

EDIT/ I've realised how dramatic that looks, was rang this mornin by Dr. and told to get to hosp asap and wouldn't give me any more details but after 6 hrs turns out things arent as bad as we thought...phew:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Woohoo! Going into second year (tho i already knew that 2 months ago).
    Woohoo! Passed Maths repeat.

Only question remains is wether i carry a subject or not.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

me is going to doyles tonight woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Got a laptop today! Booo Ya!

• Advertisement

Woot ordered my laptop and managed to save about €700 due to a combination of what can only be described as a f**k up on the website and a dealio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Woohoo! Going into second year (tho i already knew that 2 months ago).
    Woohoo! Passed Maths repeat.

Only question remains is wether i carry a subject or not.
    Congrats!!

Got back from France on Friday; a thoroughly enjoyable trip! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Whoo, I got a free USB Disk Key!

Think it's fair to say I've spent my first month's pay check on my new wardrobe.

But I do look rather spiffy in my new suits. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

irlrobins wrote:
    Think it's fair to say I've spent my first month's pay check on my new wardrobe.

But I do look rather spiffy in my new suits. :D

Do you have a court date coming up?

Woohoo I just won €6000 in a free rent for a year competition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Woo hoo, I have my first attractive lecturer in 3 years. Had to happen sometime. Ah, something nice to look at on a Monday morning...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Woo hoo, our box of bulmers which we had forgotten about from our internship survived the past two weeks sitting under a table in the comp. sci. building. Thats us sorted for the night :D

Blowfish wrote:
    Woo hoo, our box of bulmers which we had forgotten about from our internship survived the past two weeks sitting under a table in the comp. sci. building. Thats us sorted for the night :D
    It had been spotted by a few people in my office. But thankfully none of us drink Bulmers.

Woot: 2 weeks left!

I've made it through half of my first day alive! Although, my first day is only two lectures, with six hours in between them. There's only 5 males in my Art History class..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm off out tonight and i'm opening my bacardi - happy days.

• Advertisement

Started electrotherapy today, tingly!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

that scares me, no really.

Red Alert wrote:
    that scares me, no really.

What, us passing electric current through each others muscles is scaring you? In 4th year we do acupuncture on each other!

Free pint of Beamish. Woo-Hoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Free Beamish? How?!

Woohoos:

There's a 3 to 1 proportion of girls to boys in all of my sociology classes

I've met every cool person I've ever fallen out of contact with over the course of today - and they are all enrolled in UCD

4 games for e3 in the Traps :D (Also, first song that was playing on the Jukebox when I walked in was off "Music for the Jilted Generation", a VERY good sign)

The SU Bar was full at 11:30am this morning

I confirmed the existence of the tunnels

Walking out of boring/needless lecutres isn't just easy - it's almost obligatory

I heard a group of (older) people outside the Newman building talking about boards

Seminars/Tutorials don't start for a good fortnight or so :)

The Dev/Bio psychology class is as good as it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

w00t! 3 11 o´clock starts and 2 12 o´clock starts makes Blowfish a happy bunny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*yawns after being in for 9am lecture*

*hates Blowfish for his timetable*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Woot, new pc arrived. Only thing im missing is my new atx v2 psu. All built without a problem (tho kind hard to test without powering on :p). New case is sexeh too*.
    Heres hoping PSU arrives tomorrow.

*Its obvious im a comp sci student huh

jimi_t wrote:
    The Dev/Bio psychology class is as good as it gets

Did that one last year. Pretty cool I have to say but they are stingy with the marks at the end imo (maybe they dont like elective students... :-P)

Anyway I'm doing Biology in the Modern World which seems like it'll be both interesting and easy, WOOT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Bit of a downbeat "w00t", but I found ONE other History postgrad who has been completely unable to enrol on SIS, pay fees, get student card, etc etc. Sure, it's only one other person, but it still reassures me that;
    a) I'm not imagining things, and
    b) I'm not being deliberately targeted in nefarious and despicable fashion.:)

Still can't enrol though. But then what else is new.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement