Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woo-hoo/Anti-Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I think Red Alert is having probs with postgrad enrolement too - could just be a general postgrad glitch

Anyway wahoo - work gave me a free laptop and is giving me a phone and credit card with ridiculously high limit :D I'm also almost guarenteed to have visited Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africia and where else by the time 6 months have passed in there!

Anti-wahoo - I have to go in for all my vacinnations tomorrow :(

Further wahoo - got a 2-1 in my masters!

Further anti-wahoo - Got a pretty low mark in my project despite doing a pretty good one and producing a lot of working code that will be used by people worldwide - guess getting into an argument with my supervisor in my viva wasnt such a good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Whoo hoo the modules I picked are working out great.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Woo-hoo: Finally got C++ working in Eclipse on my laptop

Anti-woohoo: Took me an hour, and therefore most of the practical time. Also, my lab is heinously overcrowded, which I really hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Woo hoo, got tickets for 3 gigs over the next few months, plus Opeth are playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yippee turns out I'm actually not stupid [just very stubborn] this theory they spent first year teaching us is actually incorrect and we're spending this year learning why ...I copped last year and thats why I had difficulty in grasping it. w00t

I'm also in love with one of my lecturers he's so eccentric he's great!

Oh and UCD are actually quite helpful when you're in need after all so I take back what I said about them in the past.

I'm also on a nicotine buzz at the mo after a long absense and it feels great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Scraggs wrote:
    Yippee turns out I'm actually not stupid [just very stubborn] this theory they spent first year teaching us is actually incorrect and we're spending this year learning why ...I copped last year and thats why I had difficulty in grasping it. w00t

is that syntax? sounds exactly like the way they handled first year syntax for us anyway Back In The Day.

my current woo-hoo is that one of my favourite college friends is moving in with me next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Blowfish! Opeth! Where! When!!!
    WooHoo Finally met some boardsies in UCD, AND I'm enjoying my course, WE're going to the ZOO for Biology! WOOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I scored again in Fibbers. That place fúcking rocks. \m/:cool:

Can't believe I dissed it the first time I went there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

woohoo: got smacked about some in Bray (for a change says you...). You might wonder why this is a wahoo....i got out without any serious damage. Cops intervened just in time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Le Rack wrote:
    Blowfish! Opeth! Where! When!!!
    WooHoo Finally met some boardsies in UCD, AND I'm enjoying my course, WE're going to the ZOO for Biology! WOOT!

How do you meet a boardsie without incurring a great risk to your social standing? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

B-K-DzR wrote:
    woohoo: got smacked about some in Bray
    You're a masochist aintcha?!

I knew it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

B-K-DzR wrote:
    woohoo: got smacked about some in Bray (for a change says you...). You might wonder why this is a wahoo....i got out without any serious damage. Cops intervened just in time ;)
    I hope the c*nts who did it got a few smacks of a Maglite! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Woohoo, managed to find some Zip 100 disks for my dad that don't cost the earth. I <3 ebay. And PC World gave me a 10% discount on everything! Plus, my disgo is silver and pink. It's so pretty!

Anti-woohoo: I keep biting the same part of the inside of my cheek and it's really, really sore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Freshers Week is on Monday.Gonna be a blast of a week especially the Hot Whiskey Night by the KBC which I missed last year :( .I'm going to join a few more societies.I have my eye out for IPA Soc and Q Soc also in addition to the usual debating and party societies like B&L, Lawsoc, L&H and C&E.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Blush_01 wrote:
    Woohoo, managed to find some Zip 100 disks for my dad that don't cost the earth. I <3 ebay. And PC World gave me a 10% discount on everything! Plus, my disgo is silver and pink. It's so pretty!

Anti-woohoo: I keep biting the same part of the inside of my cheek and it's really, really sore. :(

Zip disks??? Is that not something from the flintstones
    PS. Check your e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Zip disks??? Is that not something from the flintstones
    PS. Check your e-mail.

No, they were just particularly shortlived.

Woohoo, first day of fresher's week was fun. So many people are back for postgrads or generally just hanging around.

(Saw Hugh and Bianca in the Restaurant too. Heh. Scraggs, you could have competition!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Woot am posting from my new laptop (HP nc8430 if you care).

(btw if someone could tell me ow to fix the @ thing, you know to have it from shift and ' which is currently "... typical but I dunno how to fix it + would rather sum1 tell me than go to the bother of finding out)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

You have your keyboard set to US (English). Change it to English (Ireland). Help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Woot keyboard works properly, thanks IRL. You rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

dajaffa wrote:
    You rule!
    Yep. I do. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

fish-head wrote:
    There's only 5 males in my Art History class..

5 is a lot for Art History! We only have maybe 4. Someone i knew who did it a few years ago only had 1. Hey come on you get a whole class of chicks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i wanted to go to the ryder cup but apparently I had to submit my passports to the yanks a month ago in case i feel like strapping C4 to myself and blowing up Kildare and some golfers. FS! Those people are tools .

my bro only got his ticket last saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I think he means as a security guard darlin.

ah right. I'd never work at the Ryder Cup (well i would but i wouldnt /do/ any work). id be oo busy watching the golf to be watching the peeps.

My brother does need to bring id as each ticket is tailored for the user and cant be swapped (or something). He got a big bloody info pack along with his ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

David O' Doherty, nuff said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd never work at the Ryder Cup either! I'd be too asleep to watch the peeps! :D Golf FTL :rolleyes: :);):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

5 is a lot for Art History! We only have maybe 4. Someone i knew who did it a few years ago only had 1. Hey come on you get a whole class of chicks! :D
    Girls aren't as fun as guys. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I meant it as more of a romantic thing rather then a fun, friend thing.
    And yes, girls are less fun, most of my friends are blokes, but us art history girls are fun.... i swear..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

W00t! Got my first choice of final year project :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement