Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woo-hoo/Anti-Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

w00t: my day off work coincided with fantastic weather, and my hair's reverted to its proper position, above my shoulders. And my new roomie's talking about dragging me to London in Autumn to crash with her friend, so that we can expand the number of locations of our drunkenness. Although they're racking up pretty quickly, especially since she only moved in in May!

I'm 18 today. Huzzah! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Happy birthday Arisboyo:D

Woohoo I got the watch I ordered in the post today... 2 weeks earlier than I expected! Its so beautiful...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Just finished a set of UCDSU Council minutes that are three months overdue and take up 16 pages... woot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've actually done work today and i'm doing some arts and crafts type work on my project today, under the guize of actually working.... heh heh. smart work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Woohoo, the interview I was dreading is over and while I don't feel great about it fingers crossed for a second interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck Peachy! :)

Good luck Peachy! :)

Thanks rk :) Made a bit of an error...forgot to take my tongue piercing out :/ hopefully it wasn't too noticable.

On topic woohoo: Going to see Pirates of the Caribbean again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Fingers crossed for a 2nd interview, Peacheh!

Woo-hoo: Have now been maintaining my Trivial Pursuit winner's crown in work for over a week. Woot for General Knowledge.

Ok fine I admit it, it's the celebrity edition. I'm still winning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I emailed the History Post-Grad co-ordinator/administrator/thingy to ask about applying for an MA for 2007/08.
    I never in a million years expected, being practically 4 months late with the application as it is, to have a hope in hell of getting a spot on an MA course for 2006/07.

You can guess the rest.:D

Bottom line is: I rule. Oh, and I'm in UCD for another year... W00tage.:D :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Ah here thought you couldnt get out of the place fast enough:p
    Congrats!!

Woot I found a fiver..not much but when you're not going to be paid for another week and your flat broke it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Woot, free pastry breakfast at work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At home today... and I finally got a decent night's sleep for the first time in AGES! :D

Woot, just spent about an hour reading bash.org and now I can't stop laughing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

SebtheBum wrote:
    I emailed the History Post-Grad co-ordinator/administrator/thingy to ask about applying for an MA for 2007/08.
    I never in a million years expected, being practically 4 months late with the application as it is, to have a hope in hell of getting a spot on an MA course for 2006/07.

Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

me and my bestest drinking buddy have a date with the pav and a load of fruit-flavoured cider tonight. hurrah!

also i just found a quotation for my thesis that i'd been looking for for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Woo-hoo: Thesis is starting to look complete, but in need of tweaking. Plus I've found some new areas to look into for potential PhD so not a bad week plus theres a party tonight. What more could one ask for?

Absolute uberwoot: somone at work sent me this today. :D:D:D

/me cannot express delight that this video gives me

Roffle...that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Whoever convinced The Hoff he could sing is an absolute legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

got contacts, yeay. Now im undercover nerd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

SebtheBum wrote:

Another year propping up the wall Brother!!! See you there :D

Well Done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol @ the Hoff! New FlashBox tbh! :D

My woohoo... bit of a strange one... My mate is in a band... they don't play gigs or anythin, and don't record or anythin... they just jam, and I don't know if they're good or not, cos I've never heard them.

But his brother is friends with a bloke who's mate runs a record label in Sweden, and he (the friend of his brother) asked my mate to send him over a demo to give to his friend (the record label dude).

So my mate rang me up today and asked me to be in the band, so we're gonna start writin songs together until the rest of the fellas are able to get organised :confused:

I'M GONNA BE RICH!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

lol

Okay, so we probably won't even get to sending over the demo, but sure... it got us excited for today, anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I moved the computer to another room in the house which was quite tricky but the internet is still working and so I'm gonna start moving the computer onto the new computer table without messing the internet up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I Got Damien Rice Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoo

Woo-hoo: I'm going to Puerto Rico today.

Dave, just try to remember us little people when you reach the big time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I just found €245 in my old wallet!!!! Suggestions as to how I should spend this windfall are welcome but will be ignored....

*TAXI!!! Porterhouse please!!!*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dajaffa wrote:
    I Got Damien Rice Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoo

Damien Rice is playing? FFs how come im musically behind by about 15 years. Where/When/Can I Come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

vicar street, 29th and 30th August, no [edit: damn, got the dates wrong :| duely edited]

bought 4 tickets for my brother this mornin! (not all for him of course)

I don't particularly wanna go, so didn't get one myself. meh

I don't dig DR as much anymore :(

maybe there's tickets left, dunno

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/852799/?search_redirect=damien%20rice&tm_link=tm_header_search

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Was at Whose Line is it Anyway the other day in the Laughter Lounge. During the interval you had to write suggestions on paper and throw them on in a hat for them to act out. So they're picking up suggestions every minute or 2 and doing a bit on them. Then the host reaches down to pick one up, reads it and just starts laughing to himself. He announces to everyone that 'There are just two words written on this one... and its brilliant.....'clown brothel''.
    High-fives all round for the lads for my suggestion. So good they mention it in another sketch later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Grimes wrote:
    Damien Rice is playing? FFs how come im musically behind by about 15 years. Where/When/Can I Come?

Vicar St, 29th/30th August. SS beat u to it, my tkts are spoken for...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement