Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant Bitch Moan Gripe and GRRRR thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

rain on wrote:
    sleater-kinney have broken up. argh.
    /cry

They were great! Any reasons why they broke up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

/cry

They were great! Any reasons why they broke up?
    i dunno, i just heard it there. they're playing five US gigs july 29th-august 4th and then that's it. they were probably one of my five favourite bands ever. fuxache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I hate Windows. I REALLY hate Windows. It needs to die.
    After spending over a week trying to get stuff running on my Mac and failing, my supervisor suggested that I try Windows. This is the first time in about 7 or 8 months I've used it, and I've suddenly remembered exactly WHY I hate it.
    Dare I ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dare I ask why?
    There are far better options.

[edit] Google will also tell you why.

Dare I ask why?
    Okay...
    First of all: I've gotten far too used to Mac OS X, and stuff like Expose and having my dock and all of that.
    Second: Nerfed command line, I've learned my command line on *nix machines (Mac OS X/Linux), and the syntax on the Windows one just sucks in comparison. Things are just done so much better in *nix-like/*nix-based OS's.
    Third: Lots of crashing. This Windows box that I'm working on (have the Mac beside me with a browser open for having documentation up) has crashed 3 times already today, and needed a reboot. The uptime on my iBook is 30 days, without even a stutter.

Can't a girl just get her bash shell and be happy?
    *sigh*

*<3's Mac OS X and Linux*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Can't a girl just get her bash shell and be happy?
    If only it were that easy to keep a woman happy.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

My windows hasnt crashed in over a month..true the average uptime is only 16hrs or so (ie when im awake). Just thought id defend windows for some reason :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

B-K-DzR wrote:
    My windows hasnt crashed in over a month..true the average uptime is only 16hrs or so (ie when im awake). Just thought id defend windows for some reason :p
    You obviously aren't actually doing any work on it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Blowfish wrote:
    You obviously aren't actually doing any work on it :p
    Well my two web servers are on Windows, no crashes with them in yonks. I only reboot when updates require it.

OT: I can't think of a moan to stay on-topic.

You obviously aren't actually doing any work on it
    Umm, not work in the work sense of the word but its under a load pretty much for the entire 16hrs. Its always doing something or other ;)

Most crashes ive had in the past i've usually found to come from non windows software. Fixed that (tho finding what was a pain) and i was good to go. Probably get into trouble now for not bitching and moaning in the bitch and moan thread :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

yup me a windows fan too, very rarely crashes and when it does it's usually something I've done/written, my moan is automatic updates, it would be much truer to say pernicious virus, drives me through the roof when i download something directly form ms and i wrecks my computer:mad:

linux is horrible, simply not worth the effort unless there is a specific reason for it, being contrary isn't imo a good enough reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

@OT: same as Rob's.

Surely a Window's machine only crashes if you have crap loaded on it? I've taken good care of my Dell for the last two years and crashes are very rare occurances...

You know what, let's not have this discussion, much banning and "off-topic infidels!" shall surely ensue. I'm reasonably familiar with most peoples gripes with Windows but as a non-programmer absolutely none of them bother me. So there you go.

But those of us who *are* programmers do have genuine opinions on it.

Rant/Bitch/Moan: About 70% of the European World of Warcraft servers are down today. Because of that, there's a queue to get onto my server. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Modular Students:
    All results for modular students from semester one and semester two will be available from 30th June 2006 at 5.00pm

GAY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Scraggs wrote:
    Had an absolutely shítty day... 14hrs working in a shítty warehouse out by the airport with only a half hour break.:(
    Which company was it? I spent about half a summer working in the Mothercare warehouse out by the airport after my first year in college. Wasnt too bad and the kids clothes were really cute and everything but the commute from Clonskeagh to Santry killed me! I got to watch planes coming in to land though...that was fun :)

OT: I've hit a brick wall in my project and its driving me mad - I just dont know enough PHP to get rid of the stupid bugs in the stupid system :(

Rant/Bitch/Moan: About 70% of the European World of Warcraft servers are down today. Because of that, there's a queue to get onto my server
    Ah but its for a good cause dont ya know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grimes wrote:
    Modular Students:
    All results for modular students from semester one and semester two will be available from 30th June 2006 at 5.00pm

GAY
    QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Just wasted an hour looking for an mp3 online and still have not found it!

My part-time job scheduled me to work today when I already told them I really can't work during the week due to internship... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

They've figured out whose daughter i am in the hospital i'm on placement in thus i'm being subjected to calls for parking and threats of no job if my dad doesn't sort them out - all in jest but with underlying malice, i don't like it.

Also i'm tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Turns out that after 3 weeks of no work, I don't need a day off. Ever. I'm so wrecked, it's only thursday and I'm definitely working every day until monday, with more details on the roster to follow. Job hunting isn't an option, I'm too ****ing exhausted. Suck suck sucky.

On a lighter note, I love you all. See, delirium has begun to set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Right, need to pay 800 for my holiday by 5pm tomorrow. Need to pass all my exams in order to be able to go on the holiday. The results are out at 5pm tomorrow. Pain in the holio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

now in a worse mood - my oh so lovely sunglasses that took me ages to find because i couldn't find any pairs i liked thus ended up getting a lovely pair free with a magazine that is no longer available have gone AWOL, i'm not impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm really dying to get my results right now to get it over and done with.

What'll happen if I fail a subject..repeating in August would be just so frustrating.I passed the Xmas exams and did more study for the summer exams than for the Xmas exams so hopefully I SHOULD be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Chakar wrote:
    I'm really dying to get my results right now to get it over and done with.

What'll happen if I fail a subject..repeating in August would be just so frustrating.

Be thankful you have that option....

Moan: <insert generic exam result panic here>

*weeps*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I got my results.
    Booohooo back in August:(

I'm so raging I didnt apply to do Irish as a single major especially since I did so well...and its too late now coz I already enquired.

Boooooooooooooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Be thankful you have that option....

Moan: <insert generic exam result panic here>

*weeps*

Yes I will be thankful jaysus repeating the year if you fail third year is so barbaric!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm sorry, but can you please shut up? You don't have to face it and some of us potentially do, and we could do without you telling us how crap it would be, thanks.

My back hurts and I have blisters on my feet. There's nothing to eat because I've been working too much to remember to go to the supermarket. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

stupid ulster bank atms and their not working, didn't get money out so had to eat horrible burger-ish things for dinner, so so horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

So I was on to vodafone customer care and yerone couldn't fix the problem so I decided to ring back to see if I could get someone less shit but I got the same one the second time and just invented an entirely fake problem with my phone cos I was too stupid to hang up. She also kept calling me Mr Keogh after we had established that I was female, even though my name comes up on the ac too. Maybe it was cos I confirmed my date of birth was in 1937. Ah well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement