Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business!!!ord or higher?

Options
  • 13-06-2006 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

is there much of a difference in the two courses?im consdierin dropping down to ordinary level but wanna kno is it worth it????is it an easier paper by much???thanks fifi xxx:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

business is pretty easy to pass, similar to geography in that a bit of comon sense will see you through :)

lots of choice too so there is no excuses not to pass. abq - you know what will come up pretty much - management.

imo it's easy to pass, hard to do well in. timing is a huge problem for me in this subject, i can never get everything done. i've an excellent teacher but at times i think i know too much and just can't get it all down in such a short space of time.

my advice; stick with higher. if you even attempt all questions you'll pass. in business, just pretend you're a football manager and staff are players.... take it from there :cool:

you need to maximise profit whilst minimising costs write that for every question and you'll pass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Yeah, and a Pass in Honours is quite a lot better then doing well in ordinary. Revise through those lists of things.

Management is tipped to come up for the ABQ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Im the same(in thinkin I wont pass) but I am just goin 2 do higher and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

I'm in the same boat .. I'm doing higher but considering dropping to pass :( -All because of the bloody ABQ , i can't do them well at all , i always end up writing it like an essay and not in point form .

I passed business in the mocks (40 % :p ) So i might just stick with it . a decent pass at honours looks better than ordinary i suppose .

Any tips for the abq ??
    Is managment most likely going to come up ?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I only got 32% in the mock but I messed up the ABQ really bad in my last test in class I got 77% :eek: but then only got 40% in the test before that. I have no real tips I am just goin to study units 3,4 & 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i only got 29% in d pre but i did the course in one eyar aswell!!thanx for all ur help i tink ill stick to higher thanx!!!need d points!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Definitely stick with higher. I got 89% in the mocks with night-before study. Just remember every answer should be in point form. EVERY ANSWER. My 'formula':

An opening sentence, eg "There are many benefits of IT to the business:" This shouldn't be any more than a line.

Then a key word(s) that sums up your point eg "reduced wage bill". Three or four words max. Underline.

An sentence to explain, eg "By automating previously manual tasks, the business can operate with fewer employees, thus reducing the wage bill."

AN EXAMPLE. eg, "For example, a business using e-mail will have no need to hire employees to write and deliver letters". It doesn't matter that the example is stupid and obvious, and don't worry about putting in specific companies or real-life examples. Just stick anything down.

Four or five points like this will do for basically any question. Apparently a 20 mark question, for example, will carry 5 marks per point. And each point is divided into 3+2, the 2 being for an example, so don't forget the example.

Even if you haven't studied you could probably bluff 60-70%.

state, explain, relate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Lads the ABQ is not any reason to drop to pass! Its worth the same as the short Q's, only spend about 20-30mins on it. Im going to do it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

I got 77% in my pre.. I really don't see what ye are worrying about.. And what I knew for my pre was very little.. Honestly the ABQ is a doddle.. Just don't forget to use quotation from the text to back up the point you make. e.g. make a point, explain it, quote!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I got a B1 myself, based mostly on night before work. If in doubt always remember this (the last thing my teacher told me pre-exam): "Business is the fine art of bullshit"

If you cant remember the facts, use big words and make it up.

Best of Luck

If you cant remember the facts, use big words and make it up.

exactly. also make sure you're writing as if profit is the most important thing in thew world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The exam could be grand, as long as I can avoid unit seven and the **** don't put something like a business plan in the ABQ I reckon I'll do allright.

Advertisement