Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Spoilers

• 13-06-2006 4:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd stick up a thread about Raw, a lot of big things happened at it

First off, what we've been waiting months for, the reunion of DX. Seemed kinda strange that JR said that DX was back as soon as HHH and HBK appeared to be working together, although I suppose he's read the spoilers too. Shawn wearin his wife's vest again

They announced RVD vs Edge for Vengeance, but I'm thinkin this could change by tomorrow. Edge was invited to come to ECW's event on Tuesday, and the show ended with Cena sayin that he's goin to show up and do whatever he wants

A match was made for Vengeance, and what a match - Flair vs Foley, 2 out of 3 falls. I really can't wait to see this one, I thought it would never happen

Johnny Nitro also finally did his standing shooting star press again! And he missed it..

I enjoyed Raw this week, although I kinda didn't watch the Hacksaw/Umaga match, maybe that had some influence on me. Women's match was alright too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

the women's match was great. pity they were wearing bra's though.

i totally marked out on the DX thing. i was wondering why the spirit squad were being sent out one at a time. i thought they were going to keep the DX thing for vengeance.
    foley made a comment about the corporation at ONS. anyone else catch that? 'long live the corporation' or words to that effect. well, they're gonna need someone for DX to go up against. then again, that's if it lasts past vengeance and there isn't a twist with HHH turning heel on michaels or the other way around. we'll see if they add new members. did someone say something about waltman signing with the wwe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

No, I heard he's signed an extension with the MTV wrestling show, that was reported last week. I just found it a bit weird because his agent said he'd signed with WWE a few months ago. He has the same agent as Sandman, it was announced at the same time

I think Foley just meant it in terms of the corporate WWE, compared to the not-so-corporate ECW. I liked the way Foley seemed to be a face again, but then backed down

I forgot to mention about the big DX return not seeming so big after all. I think most people seemed to be expecting it to be DX vs Vince and Shane at Vengeance, but the Spirit Squad seems a slight disappointment. At least we know that they'll be sticking together for a while anyway, can't see them breaking up after beating the Spirit Squad

And they showed a replay of Haas knockin Lilian down last week from another angle. He didn't run straight into her, it looked like that last week. So I wouldn't say it was his fault as much, he bounced off the ropes a good bit away from her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

so you reckon it'll just be a pair of degenerates, rather than a bunch?

the haas thing. it gave them an excuse to use mark henry again. never a good thing.

"the imposter" kane, as JR called him, what's his deal? anyone know?
    i've a really strong feeling they are going to do some long lost brother thing with him.

I honestly don't have a clue what they're doin with this fake Kane. I really hope they're not usin him to take the real Kane out, and then they'll just market this new guy as the real Kane

I don't really see the need for them having more members just yet anyway. The two of them will more than likely beat the Spirit Squad, and the big match at the end will probably be them vs Vince and Shane. If they drag the storyline out, beyond Summerslam, then I could see them having more members. It'd more than likely be guys already on Raw, or new guys brought up, because no former members of DX seem to be likely to join

Something I just noticed, on WWE.com's profile of DX, they have Axl Rotten'n name in the address for all the former members profiles. Like HHH is listed at http://www.wwe.com/superstars/dgenerationx/dxmembers/axlrotten4/. Doubt it's anything to do with Axl though, the website guys were probably just bein lazy

Another interesting thing from Raw is that Kurt will be facing Randy at Vengeance. I suppose they'll be having ECW guys on WWE ppv's, because ECW won't be having its own. One of the most eventful Raw's in a while I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did you notice that Shawn doesn't do the crotch chop any more?

If you watch the replays, he chops over his chest area rather than his crotch, presumably because this doesn't offend his religious beliefs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

he has done the crotch chop recently i think it was WM, maybe last night he couldn't lean back because of his knee, did you see him "running" :)

He didn't do it any higher up than HHH did, you can see it on the videos on WWE.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    He didn't do it any higher up than HHH did, you can see it on the videos on WWE.com

Triple H did his V-shaped crotch chop though. The same one he did on Cena at WM22.

PWInsider said a while back that the reason Michaels won't do the crotch chop any more is because of his religious beliefs - even though for some reason he felt it was OK to do it at Wrestlemania...

It all looked the same to me!

Another little thing I noticed on Raw, John Cena's name was still on RVD's belt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp3LcUKVkmk&search=dx%20reunion

The reunion.

Never thought I would see these 2 side by side again.

• Advertisement

just watched the youtube and wwe clips hbk is definitely doing the chops to his belly button

Why would he want someone to suck that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

there might be some fluff caught in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

why no dx music? that upset me

If they had the music, it would be like the whole thing was planned in advance, which it clearly wasn't. Complete spur of the moment type thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Hi Mark, Im Gary.

It was obviously planned, hence the weeks of build up. ;):p Though if the music were played it would maybe have looked contrived?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Hi Mark, Im Gary.

LMAO...

wait a minute i'm lost, is gimmick calling fozzy a Mark, dude did you ever in your life hear of sarcasm, fozzy's post was making fun of the fact that the dx return plan was the worst kept secret in history.

Advertisement