Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printed Bags for Life

• 13-06-2006 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking to get a small quantity of bags printed with my logo (which I don't have yet, any tips?). I'm looking for the fabric type likes Dunnes Stores do, but they need to be cheap.
    I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

How many do you need and what is your budget? I might be able to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I need about 100, at about e1.00 per bag. Any use to you?

Sorry, my price would be no use to you.

Whats ur price! I've sourced another company who can do it but they are too expensive for me. Let me know. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

alleepally wrote:
    Sorry, my price would be no use to you.
    what other products can you source.i might be interested in bags but in qty.thanks

• Advertisement

sueme wrote:
    Whats ur price! I've sourced another company who can do it but they are too expensive for me. Let me know. Thanks.

I'd be the €3.50 mark per bag which is probably still way off your budget.

drdre wrote:
    what other products can you source.i might be interested in bags but in qty.thanks

drdre, I'm more suited to small quantity printed items (mugs, mousemats etc). Any number of the promotional companies in the golden pages can do the large quantities in 1 or 2 colour or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

sueme wrote:

Who else is doing them you got a website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

alleepally wrote:
    I'd be the €3.50 mark per bag which is probably still way off your budget.

wow 3.50 a bag.is it made out of gold:D

drdre wrote:
    wow 3.50 a bag.is it made out of gold:D

Yeah, I just finished another 14 hour day although the drive home in the Porsche made it worthwhile. It's a hidden nice market I tell ya, short run shopping bags at €3.50 - there's gold in them thar hills ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info, but I think I might go broke getting them bags!! Glad u enjoy the ride home! Any hints on cheaper retail marketing?? Go on..... Give a bit back! Think Bill Gates!

sueme wrote:
    Thanks for the info, but I think I might go broke getting them bags!! Glad u enjoy the ride home! Any hints on cheaper retail marketing?? Go on..... Give a bit back! Think Bill Gates!

Was only joking about the porsche but not the long days. The 3.50 price is basically a little over €1 of the the actual material cost to make them. It would take 6 to 7 hours for me to make 100 bags which means I'm charging my labour cost at around €14 per hour. So it's not quite the gold in them thar hills scenario!

Basically, it's a trade off between being able to get smaller quantities/full colour on a bag/personalisation on each bag if required V larger quantities/1 or 2 colour/no personalisation.

But I also know that it's a commodity item and therefore you can't pay a lot for them but for someone making them I hope you can see that the price is not extravagant.

What no Porsche! I understand your costs, I don't think anybody has it easy at the moment... So, back to business, plain bag, my name and address in Black. Best price!!? The good karma might get u that porsche in the future!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

hold on, lets forget about bags a second did someone say they charge EUR 14 per hour? sweet

vector wrote:
    hold on, lets forget about bags a second did someone say they charge EUR 14 per hour? sweet

and your point?

sueme wrote:
    What no Porsche! I understand your costs, I don't think anybody has it easy at the moment... So, back to business, plain bag, my name and address in Black. Best price!!? The good karma might get u that porsche in the future!!!

Sorry dude, I believe in karma and all that but I don't believe I have to compromise or discount my labour cost so I can't negotiate on price.

Advertisement