Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 a side pitches SOUTHSIDE

• 13-06-2006 8:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know of an Astro pitch (not Tallaght) available for hire Southside
    apart from UCD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I know the esb sports co have some. Was on the dart the other day and saw some out by the blackrock stop that looked new as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Where are you looking? the southside is a big place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Loughlinstown Gym,
    Monkstown Gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Make sure you emphasise SOUTHSIDE there, wouldn't want people thinking you were a Northsider now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeah, Sportsco have a few and they're cheap. Not sure if you need membership to book it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I've been told there's a place in Benildus, Dundrum/Balally that has 5 a side pitches.
    Anybody know anything about them or how/where to book them?

Sportsco is that indoor or outdoor?

Outdoor would be preferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

SportsCo is outdoor, they are quality pitches. The only downside is you need to be a member of their complex to book. Otherwise you just have to go down and see if there are any pitches available. SportsCo is just beside the Shelbourne Greyhound Racing stadium.

There are outdoor pitches in the Irishtown Stadium also which is just off the Strand Road. Not sure about the booking arrangements on these pitches but the one annoying thing about them is there is no roof so you can kick the ball outside of the fence which is a pain the ass. You can view the brochure for the Irishtown Stadium (PDF). The site is crawling at the moment, so you can view it as HTML but there are no pictures unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

UCD have some good pitches, don't know if they are non-student availible though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

PiE wrote:
    Make sure you emphasise SOUTHSIDE there, wouldn't want people thinking you were a Northsider now!
    Not merely SOUTHSIDE, but SOUTHSIDE (not Tallaght)! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Theres a nice one in Wringsend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Serbian wrote:
    the one annoying thing about them is there is no roof so you can kick the ball outside of the fence which is a pain the ass..

Well if you were any good the game would be played on the ground.:)

There are pitches is the community centre in clondalkin now and assumign you specifically meant not astropark tallaght the p&t club on the kiltipper roade has pitches. I play there sunday nights and its never full. If you do mean not tallaght in general, y, are you barred from tallaght?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

LOL

No just trying to bring some Northsiders out to the Southside for a match but don't want to bring them too far (they might get lost and never return!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Serbian wrote:

There are outdoor pitches in the Irishtown Stadium also which is just off the Strand Road. Not sure about the booking arrangements on these pitches but the one annoying thing about them is there is no roof so you can kick the ball outside of the fence which is a pain

I play there every week pitches are good and we block book them usually (i.e for a period of weeks) but I'm sure if a time slot is free you can probably book for one week.

Oh and yeah it's a pain not having a roof net (especially if you get pitch 5).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

The pitches in Loughlinstown Leisure Centre are very good. There are 4 indoor and around 6 outdoor IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Try..

Rockbrook Park School. 3 Pitches, and all floodlit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Monkstown pool and fitness are excellant pitches, here is the link for prices etc.

http://www.monkstownpool.com/allweatherpitches.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Play in the pitches up in benildas on a sunday. Pitches are much better over there then the ones in Tallaght or Coolock.

heres the directions to it

Link for the pitches

I'm not too sure how ye go about booking a pitch though, your best bet would be to ring up the college and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

I also forgot to mention that there is an outdoor pitch on the roof of Belvedere College. I know it's not Southside but it's only a 10 minute walk from O'Connell Bridge :p and might be a bit more central for people to get to. You would have to ring the school to find out booking arrangements. The number is (01) 858 6600.

Advertisement