Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S Korea V Togo

• 13-06-2006 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Togos would appear dead and buried coming into their first world cup without a coach, rumours that he had returned appear denied by a Togo government official. Easy victory for Korea?

From Betfair
    Togo's preparations were thrown into chaos and confusion again 24 hours ahead of their World Cup bow against South Korea.

It was widely believed Otto Pfister would return as head coach but mystery now surrounds his re-appointment with conflicting signals coming from the Africans.

Pfister has received a fax offering him his job back after he sensationally quit at the weekend. However, a high-ranking government official has apparently stated his re-appointment will not occur.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

They have a replacement coach, the 'white' chap that used to coach Nigeria. I think he's a German.

But regardless of that, is this match going to hold any interest for viewers in Ireland and any interest for people on boards.ie? Even the most addicted of football fanatics will probably give this match a 'highlights/goals' only treatment. Its going to take a helluva lot of exciting football in this match for there to be any interest at all. A 6 goal thriller will help .... 0-0 ... hmmm

This post may be the last on this thread ......

we'll see,

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Could be a good game, I'm sure there will be some good attacking football! As for last post in this thread - muwhahaha!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Go Togo Go !!!

fine goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

redspider wrote:
    They have a replacement coach, the 'white' chap that used to coach Nigeria. I think he's a German.

Pfister is back in charge for this game, I think you meant Winfried Schafer who managed Cameroon against Ireland? There wer rumours about him taking over but apparently he rejected the offer.

As for the game, it hasn't been great but one superb finish has really lit it up.

Edit: Excellent save from a Togo free-kick there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

What's the balance of play like? This would be amazing if Togo won!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crap game. Togo are the slightly better team and it was a lovely goal. South Korea look like a team that haven't played together before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

mmm chero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

get in there!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Nice goal.

Cant help but feel Poll has ruined this game with that sending off. First yellow was never a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Great free kick. Togo will be under pressure now with 10 men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

2-1 korea. great goal 15 mins left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Good game.South korea look impressive.

Tommy smyth who is commentating on espn is just terrible.He makes george hamilton look good.

Advertisement