Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a bike/scooter overnight in castleknock train station.

Options
  • 13-06-2006 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

How's it going everyone, I'm currently working in Damastown Industrial estate and I live in the city center. I'm only 5 minutes from the dart so I was wondering if I could get the dart to connolly station and take the commuter train to castleknock. From here I'm still a fair ways from work, to far to walk I reckon so I was considering if I got a banger of a bike or scooter and cycled this portion of the journey. How long would you expect my bike to last if I was leaving it at the station over night on a regular basis? I'm more interested in a bike as its much cheaper and I've never driven a scooter before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

You can get the 38 to Damastown/IBM at the top of Laurel Lodge(Bus stop beside the train station). You might as well just get 38/38A all the way from town though. To cycle from the train station to IBM would take you the guts of half an hour.

To answer your question your bike could be ok for a year then get fu(ked up one night because the local wannabe scango's feel like acting mad. I'd say it'd be ok for the most part though but will eventually get robbed or smashed up.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Ah **** its a half hour cycle is it? Didn't realise its that far, is the next station on any closer?

next station is coolmine but you probably be better off getting the next one down from that - clonsilla, i live up by there now, it'd be about a 15 minute cycle up through ongar from there no little punks hang round that station so i'd say it'd be safe enough.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

funk-you wrote:
    next station is coolmine but you probably be better off getting the next one down from that - clonsilla
    The DTO's Find Your Nearest Station agrees that Clonsilla is the nearest to Damastown. Says that it is 5 miles. Easily done in 25 mins, and that's taking it easy. I'm sure IBM has a shower if you wanted to use one when you got in.

Ask if car pooling is available. I would expect IBM to have some such programme or be able to advise on how to get there.

daymobrew wrote:
    I would expect IBM to have some such programme or be able to advise on how to get there.

You'd be lucky, they have the 38 and thats it. It takes me 12 minutes to cycle from the estate beside St Josephs Hospital so it'd be 15 - 20 max from the train station. Finishing up there on sunday but if there's anything you want to know about the place throw me a PM.

-Funk

• Advertisement
Advertisement