Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old grass

Options
  • 13-06-2006 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is it a good idea to distribute grass over your lawn after you cut it? I heard that it is supposed to be good for the lawn.

Regards,

Michael O'Leary
    www.wingtsun-escrima.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Once it's very short and doesn't clog the lawn up, yes. If you cut very regularly when the grass is very short it will break down into the lawn fertilising it. It also means you don't have to collect it and bin it.

Personally I compost all my lawn cuttings, but it can be a pain if you don't rotate the cuttings in the composter as it tends to turn to sludgy smelly mush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Hi all,

Is it a good idea to distribute grass over your lawn after you cut it? I heard that it is supposed to be good for the lawn.

Regards,

Michael O'Leary
    www.wingtsun-escrima.ie

thats the theory behind the mulching mower.

Advertisement