Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice rc plane vid.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Nice vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

thats really cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

THAT WAS K-RAD!!!!!!!!

I got an RC plane for christmas last year (Cant fly it worth a dam :D)

This one looked BIG ENOUGH TO RIDE IN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Flying the cularis here, its interesting watching the ailerons and the effect they have,
    And the crow brakes for landing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Robbie,

Whats the difference between crow brakes and flaps or are they one and the same?

Do you get any grief from the neighbours when overflying their houses? I live in a rural area and the one neighbour (born and raised locally so naturally he owns the place :rolleyes:) I have moans when I'm flying my planes even when they are nowhere near his house, let alone overfly it. Sometimes I wish there was a cheap foamie done out in the Japanese Imperial Air Force colours that is known as the Parkzone Kamikaze and then he'd know what its like to have a plane screaming down at him :D

• Advertisement

Well i would not usually come over the houses much but the neighbours dont complain, still i would`t recommend flying over the houses, i did it there to see how effective the airbrakes where, at least the gliders are virtually silent though.

A parkzone kamikaze sounds like a great idea.

Crow brakes mean the inner flaps go down, and the 2 ailerons go up all at the same time. These days there are 3 aircraft types considdered, heli,s planes, and sailplanes. Sailplane enabled radios allow for crow (also called butterfly braking), reflex, and camber of the surfaces, which means both ailerons and flaps can go down together to increase lift (camber) or up slightly together (reflex) to reduce lift if in strong thermals. The DX7 i had to programme myself just to get the crow braking, all 4 wing control surfaces (2 on each wing) have their own channel, so if you think of ailerons going in opposite directions for normal flight, but both go up when brakes are switched on, but they still operate as ailerons while they are up, so there was quite a bit of channel mixing required, and it was tricky to get it right. I have 3 positions -off, half on, and fully on. It is very effective braking, i have not landed without them but brought it in a few times, it just goes on and on without them on, but with them on it really slows it, can come in quite steep with them full on.

You can see in the video when the flaps go down the aileron goes up. If the cularis is coming in fairly quick you can see the outer part of wings bend down slightly from the ailerons both going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Dude111 wrote: »
    THAT WAS K-RAD!!!!!!!!

I got an RC plane for christmas last year (Cant fly it worth a dam :D)

This one looked BIG ENOUGH TO RIDE IN!!
    This thread is only 4 and a half years old, So ill edit it:p

Plug wrote: »
    This thread is only 4 and a half years old, So ill edit it:p

Ha ha i never even noticed that myself,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its so old I can't edit it:(

:D

Plug wrote: »
    Its so old I can't edit it:(