Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new labret piercing

Options
  • 13-06-2006 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I got my labret pierced at the weekend, and while it's taking some getting used to with regard to eating and what not, I'm just a little bit worried about it. It bled a little on Sunday afternoon and then clotted. I cleaned it and it was fine. But then it bled again last night, quite a bit. I left it clot overnight and cleaned it this morning. It's a little bit bruised on the inside of my mouth, and reddish around the piercing on the outside. I have been using an antiseptic mouthwash and cleaning it carefully, but I'm just wondering should I be worried about it, or can this happen? Also, if anyone has any additional advice about this type of piercing I'd be grateful.. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ok from my experience, things to avoid and do are:
    It bled for me on 2 ocassions also, i just cleaned it up and went on my daily routine. If you are worried go back to yuor piercer.

Avoid:
    drinking alcohol
    getting punched in the mouth
    playing with the piercing with your tongue
    spicy food they say but totally up to you

Do:
    Clean it whenever gunk develops
    Try a diluted (half water half mouthwash) solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

I carried a litre bottle with 3 parts water and 1 part anti-septic mouthwash around with me for over a month. At first I clean my mouth after every ****ing ciggarette and avoided any drink with fizz in it. Mine never really bled to be honest. Cleaned it three times a day using the cleaning solution I got in Metal-Morphosis and cotton buds, inside and out.

If you think your skin might just be a little less immune to piercings, then buys some Zinc tablets and take a couple a day. They help any piercing heal quicker because they boost your immune system. Sounds silly I know but works a charm.

Don't worry you'll be yanking on the thing with your teeth without noticing within two weeks man :D

Advertisement