Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tooman Landfill - Lusk/Balbriggan

Options
  • 13-06-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Compulsory Purchase Order made to purchase lands for Fingal Landfill

Fingal County Council has made an order to compulsorily acquire land in North County Dublin for the construction of the Fingal Landfill and all associated works.

Acquiring this land will involve the extinguishing of a public right of way in this area.

A copy of the order and the map are available to download on this page. They may also be inspected at the offices of Fingal County Council at County Hall Swords and Grove Road, Blanchardstown, and at the offices of Balbriggan Town Council, George's Square, Balbriggan.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/Services/PropertyandEconomicDevelopment/CompulsoryPurchaseOrder/FileDownload,3593,en.pdf

I'd be interested in getting a feeling for people opinions on this proposed dump where a CPO has recently been served on 15 or so families.

You'll see from the map where the area is, basically its just off the first interchange for Balbriggan as you head north, the area known locallly as The Five Roads. It is an area of 520 arces which will border the M1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

that is some major dump.

it is a disgrace the way the council can just come in with a CPO. I know a family who just built a lovely house out in that area and now it is under a CPO and has to be knocked.

Newspaper Advert:
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/Services/PropertyandEconomicDevelopment/CompulsoryPurchaseOrder/FileDownload,3617,en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clau

Hold on, does this mean the landfill has already been approved for this site? I thought the County Council had assured that no further landfills would be sited near the Parish of Lusk? Seeing as they already have Ballealy, and agreed to a prolonged use of the Ballealy landfill? What about the other possible sites for the new Dublin area dump?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

clau wrote:
    Hold on, does this mean the landfill has already been approved for this site?

clau:

Have you been living in Fingal for long? Tooman was selected as the site quite some time ago. Thank God they didn't go for the proposed Loughbarn site - which would have been 850 acres - over 4 times the total size of Argillan Park! (Not in my back yard, etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The dump doesn't look too far from Lusk village at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Richiem

Hello All

I am posting today to tell anyone who is concerned about the "Super Dump" at the Nevitt / Lusk site that it has got the green Light from the EPA .
    All objections have to be put in before 17th October!! And wait for it you have to pay them to submit your objection. I have written to a few of the Politian’s for all the good it will do I urge anyone who lives near or in North County Dublin to do the same. I have a copy of the link for anyone who is interested in putting in there objection this link will take you to the site and the other will tell you how to put in your objection.

http://www.epa.ie/news/pr/2007/name,23375,en.html. Main site

http://www.epa.ie/whatwedo/licensing/waste/process/object/.

I personally think when they put in the cpo for the land that was the end of it they wanted it here and no one was going to tell them other wise. The greens in North County Dublin have let us down we have taken enough rubbish here in North Dublin (excuse the pun). We have already had a dump here, waste water treatment plants dealing with all of Dublin’s waste. An board Pleanala has been refusing people planning permission to build houses in the area as they say it is green belt area but now they can build a super dump instead!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Latest news on this from RTÉ here.
    RT&#201 wrote: »
    Decision on Lusk dump postponed
    Tuesday, 13 November 2007 17:56
    An Bord Pleanála has postponed taking a major decision on a controversial dump in north Dublin, because of a submission from the Department of the Environment.

An oral hearing into the landfill near Lusk, which is due to have a capacity of 500,000 tonnes of municipal waste a year, was held in October of last year.

While an Environmental Impact Statement was submitted to the Department, it did not participate in the hearing.

However, the following month it sent a submission to Fingal County Council regarding archaeology issues, which was forwarded to the Bord.

An Bord Pleanála has said it now wants the views of the Department before taking any further decisions on the matter.

It is now likely the oral hearing will have to be reopened so that participants can comment on the Department's views, which will mean a further delay on an overdue project.

Advertisement