Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spiral staircase min acceptable space required?

Options
  • 13-06-2006 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Folks,

Could anyone tell me what would the min. (circum.) space be to allow for a spiral staircase? cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi,

It would be wise to allow a large amount of room for a spiral stairs, rather than restrict your self to the minimum as set out in the building regulations.

By their very nature , they are not the most accommodating stair type to allow for moving furniture, beds ect up and down them.
    Aesthetically pleasing, but not very functional, unless you can build it a bit wider than a normal stairs.

You should get your information here,

http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPol.nsf/0/a137e0322d60e09780256f5d00504a79/$FILE/30181 St Ladd Rmps Grds K.pdf

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gor

many thanks I didn't realise this sort of stuff would be online

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

gor wrote:
    many thanks I didn't realise this sort of stuff would be online

Any other help in relation to the stairs, please ask

kadman:)

Advertisement