Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Songs for getting Hidden Meanings under the radar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

While we're on about masturbation, Foo Fighters 'All my Life'.

Stupid Foo Fighters...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Dudess wrote:

Wasn't Brown Sugar by the Stones supposed to be about heroin? I've no doubt a lot of Stones lyrics/songtitles referred to illicit activities.

There are two schools of thought about the meaning of 'Brown Sugar' - one is that it was originally called 'Black Pussy' named after Jagger's Mrs. at the time, Bianca. The other one is the heroin story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

AdrianR wrote:
    Grace Jones - Pull up to my bumper

".....pull up to my bumber baby with your long black limousine"

Pull up to my bumper baby, drive it in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again, pretty obvious but about the aul herion again

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Nightmare of You - "I want to be Buried in Your Backyard"

What's wrong with being buried in the poor girl's front yard, the way Mother Nature intended?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

There are two schools of thought about the meaning of 'Brown Sugar' - one is that it was originally called 'Black Pussy' named after Jagger's Mrs. at the time, Bianca. The other one is the heroin story.

It was written before he married Bianca - supposedly it's about Marsha Hunt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsha_Hunt_(singer_and_novelist)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Come On Eileen" - Dexys Midnight Runners

We all know it's just a typo......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

"Mirror in the Bathroom" by The Beat is about cocaine addiction and the associated paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, definitely written by Lennon. He may have denied it but the Beatles were mischeivous bastards, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't making an LSD reference. Lennon was continuously tripping for most of the mid-60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Baby you can Drive my Car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

BaZmO* wrote:
    "Come On Eileen" - Dexys Midnight Runners

We all know it's just a typo......
    ROFL, just noticed than now

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Razorlight - Golden Touch, apparently it's about Anal Sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Coldplay - The Hardest part is really about blowjobs

*This may or may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Thrice - For Miles (is apparently a reference/dedication to Miles Davis).
    Thrice - Image Of The Invisible (not exactly a 'hidden' meaning, but it's one not everyone seems to think is there)

Hmm, there are more, but it's hard to know what qualifies as a 'hidden' meaning. Almost all good lyrics have layers and multiple interpretations, like.

Advertisement