Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man with a Van?????????

Options
  • 13-06-2006 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction! I'm moving apartments next week and don't have a huge amount of stuff but still don't fancy hauling lots of bags and boxes (damn my shopping habit!!!;) )up 3 flights of stairs. Does anyone know of whether there is a Man With A Van type service on the Southside/City Centre that could facilitate a small move - I don't want to incur hassle or expense of getting a removal van as don't have that much stuff. Thanks in advance for any help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction! I'm moving apartments next week and don't have a huge amount of stuff but still don't fancy hauling lots of bags and boxes (damn my shopping habit!!!;) )up 3 flights of stairs. Does anyone know of whether there is a Man With A Van type service on the Southside/City Centre that could facilitate a small move - I don't want to incur hassle or expense of getting a removal van as don't have that much stuff. Thanks in advance for any help:)
    would you not consider hiring a van for the day yourself? It would be about €140. Have a look in the classifieds section of the Herald if you don't fancy hauling the stuff yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it the man (up the stairs) or the van (house to house) you really want?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Victor wrote:
    If I suggested that I would have got banned....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Victor wrote:

Erm, lol, no entendres meant!! Crikey, I'm going to have to change my signature - it's causing me immense trouble of late!!

I'm looking for a man with a van quite literally Victor who I can point towards all my stuff, get him to transport it for two miles and then carry it up 3 flights fo stairs. Not going to ask a friend either as I'd feel obliged to help!!! Looking for someone I can pay, no guilt involved while I sit and sun myself while someone moves me in.;)

Either find a moving company or check out the ad.s on local shop notice boards. I wonder if buyandsell and the Evening Herald would have similar things?

www.buyandsell.ie
    www.loadza.ie

Putting in "man with van" on buyandsell works, you can even get "Strapless Corset & matching Thong Set Black with Gold Design Med
    Welcome to a Subtlekiss Product Page All of Our Lingerie & Underwear is Brand New in Packe..." :eek:

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    Putting in "man with van" on buyandsell works, you can even get "Strapless Corset & matching Thong Set Black with Gold Design Med
    Welcome to a Subtlekiss Product Page All of Our Lingerie & Underwear is Brand New in Packe..." :eek:

I'm rarely rendered speechless but GOOD LORD :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Hi -
    This company is great - http://rickotrans.com/
    I needed something very heavy and awkward moved from my flat to my dad's house on the other side of the city, and 2 guys came and transported it for me. I left it totally in their hands, and they were really nice and professional (and reasonably priced).

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Just rang this guy - got his number from the rickotrans website. He has quoted me €60-70 to move furniture from the city centre to Balbriggan - he said that he can only estimate the cost until he sees how much stuff we have, but so far it sounds good. And the reviews I've been reading about him in the Bargain Alerts section of Boards are amazing. So far I am extremely impressed!

We've only got a few big pieces to move - a desk, bikes, chest of drawers, and a chair - so we didn't want to hire movers (got a quote of €900 from one moving company we rang!!). We had been thinking of hiring a van, but that was going to work out at €300 and we would have to take it for 3 days instead of 1 because they don't take returns on sundays.

Glad now that it has worked out this way, because this guy sounds great.
    I'll report back on how we get on with him.

Thanks a mill for input. Yip, www.rickotrans.com is the way to go imo, he's really sound! Moving my stuff from Blackrock to Ballsbridge for €30 this evening!!! AND he sounds like a sweetheart. Such a bargain, was being quoted ridiculous sums by other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

Oh thank you, Fluffy. I'd seen Rick mentioned aaaages ago on the Bargains board, but had completely forgotten his name and website. I'll put him in the favourites until I move in a few weeks time.

Perfect. Ta.

• Advertisement

He's a legend Lardboy. Moved all my stuff on Monday evening, really nice chap and would recommend him highly. Good luck with the move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Reporting back after moving our stuff with Rick yesterday... And I can't praise the man enough. He arrived on time, was totally prepared - even had a hand cart to help us move our boxes. We had so much stuff it took nearly an hour to load the van (it was almost overflowing!) and then Rick drove both of us out with him from Smithfield to Balbriggan. Total cost €80!

He was chatty and polite, and really helpful - and for anyone else who is moving house at the moment and is freaking out (like I was) about how you are going to move your stuff, then I recommend Rick. He did a great job for a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Just want to add my praise to whats been posted here. He moved two quite heavy sofas from palmerstown to saggart on Friday evening with no problems or complaints, even when he realised they had to go up 2 flights of stairs on arrival! He arrived 15 minutes early for the move, & when we were hauling them up the stairs his input in how to position them best was spot on. & he did it for a great price too!

Class act & well recommended

bump

Advertisement