Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French!

• 13-06-2006 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭

What did you all think?

The tape was freaking easy! :D

The comprehensions were hard but I think I managed a B. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Yeah the tape was ok but some of the comprehensions were tricky.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Tape was ok, letter was ok, comprehensions were a bit hard. I's say I scraped a low B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The tape was very easy, except I ddin't get that Francois' hair was chestnut, I wrote brown, and so did a lot of people so they may mark accordingly for that. But yeah the rest of the tape was very simple. The comprehensions were fine, one or two of the last ones were a little trickey but I think I managed them alright (I wrote that the Afghan girl found that the "money coming out of the wall" was odd, then realised she was probably talking about an ATM) The Postcard and Letters were both simple, no bad surprises. Everyone was so glad that a formal letter didn't come up.

Bah, I wrote jet black. I also write down the French though. Any marks going for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

WTF is chesnut hair? I said blond....
    But yeah the tape was easy enough in general.
    Some of the comprehensions were hard...especially the ones about the refugee and that poser dude.
    The letters were fine too, though I was suprised a formal letter didn't come up as I had worked on it a bit.

• Advertisement

Nope, at the top of the page it says "all questions must be answered in English"

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

BMH wrote:
    Bah, I wrote jet black. I also write down the French though. Any marks going for that?

did you do that for all of the listening???if so, your inn trouble!

I thought it was easy enough now with the only hard things being the last 3 comprehensions...apart from them it was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

I said blue for her hair.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

oRlyYaRly wrote:

It was a he...

I thought it was easy enough, few questions in the comprehension that I didn't quite comprehend, but apart from that it was okay. I didn't get anything about ATM's, I thought she said they were obsessed with money!! Or did she? Gah, we don't have to think about it for another 3 months. Yayage!

EDIT: This is my 69th post.....*snigger*....Sorry for just lowering the tone, and all that jazz!

oRlyYaRly wrote:

So did a lot of girls in my year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I took OL for it:rolleyes: . I taught the tape was handy enough. Comprehensions were alright. The letter was grand even though I didn't do much on it, just the bare four points and only one sentance for each. I did one line in the note:eek: . I taught it was a fairly ok paper.

Note? What note?

Jello wrote:
    Note? What note?

Ordinary Level.

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    Ordinary Level.

Ahh ok, hence the 'OL'. Hadn't a clue what that meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Jello wrote:
    Ahh ok, hence the 'OL'. Hadn't a clue what that meant.

Sorry mate, nearly killed ya:D . I taught there would be a note on the HL. Must get on to the union about this;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Higher level was okay...got stuck bit on the duck comprehension :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Missed the start of the French aural but luckily got a chance to get the sections I missed done though it reduced my time on the written paper which was really difficult to understand. Left half an hour early before I fell asleep. I'm expecting an E. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

French was a doss!!
    Tape was piss easy,
    Comprehensions (bar the 1 about Elliot) were handy enough.
    Bit pissed off that the Formal letter didnt cum up, only person in my year hu was goin to do it. I knew it like that! *clicks fingers!*

Happy tho!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Sound like ye had a better paper than us last year. I'm so envious. I only just got a C in HL and French is my fave subject. It was a hard paper, but I'm glad everything went ok for the majority today.

A lot are complaining about the "duck comprehension" when really it had so little to do with a duck. I guess when everyone saw the picture, they expected a whole comprehension about it and then got confused?

By the way, whay did the police ask for more than €150?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

BMH wrote:
    By the way, whay did the police ask for more than €150?

I could see it on the paper but I couldn't translate it. I put down something about how it was such a serious crime and they hadn't seen anything like it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭yourpetzombie

I didn't mind the comprehensions. They're what I'm best at. The listening was alright, considering I got 74/140 in my mocks for it. The letter was alright. Felt really short though, as did my postcard. I got either a low B or high C. I hate French so so so much though. If I get the C, I'll seriously consider dropping it and taking up a more points friendly subject. The three courses I want to do are in Trinity so I don't need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Got chestnut but didnt know what to say for the 150 euro.Something about birds

Yeah the literal translation was something about being covered with a birds name...which I assumed meant somethnig to do with the insults they received from the youths, so I wrote that they were looking for more than €150 in damages because of the insults they received.

Yeah, "to cover the name of a bird" is what I got. So, instead of writing that down, I made some sh1t up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

I wrote blue for the hair as well!
    And judging by how some of you guys did today, I've done a lot worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

It was piss easy except for the last two comprehensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

It was because "in all their years they had never seen anything like it"

Who did the parents of the rocker chick meet?

• Advertisement

Wasn't she a refugee and not a rocker chick?

Advertisement