Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards meet up!!this thursday!miss it miss out

Options
  • 13-06-2006 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

So me and humbert have got to thinking ( a new novelty for him!) and we decided that we should have a mini boards meet up this week as lots seem to be still in dublin!Humbert has decided to take full responsibility if the idea goes down like a lead ballon:)

So the plan is to head to whelans this Thursday (15th) where we can boggie boggie ,chatty chatty and drinkie drinkie!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

yea full responsibility, had to force panda into this:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

hmmmm, not sure if i can make this. Picking up a friend from the airport at 8 so it depends a bit on him. If we head back to dun laoghaire first it would be fairly late before we got out, on the other side if we headed straight to whelans from the airport it might work.
    Ill talk to him and see.

Where is whelans again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Can't make. No prizes for guessing why.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Suits me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Cool Ive always wanted to meet u!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I'll be in work til 10 but I'll see if I can make it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Ah good stuff - I'll drop down after training - should be there about 10:30 or so :)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Won't make it Thursday. I have to work from 6-Finish. Yucky bar jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Not too sure if I can make it. If im there Im there. thursday isnt a good drinking night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hope you all have fun:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Hmmm, I might be able to make this. Whelan's sounds good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

its on camden street isnt it??

okay on second thought I may be there

camden street eh, hmm wheres that again.

I know i've been to this place a few times but usually im just being led by the hand (so to speak) and people then say in ya go and in i go. Doesnt help much for the navigational part of the brain ;)

Go to Dame Street, turn onto George's Street and keep walking South till you get to Wexford Street. Wheelans is on Wexford street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Map

see I was right. Its on Wexford street, near where the palace is. It about one of the most famous bars in Dublin. Its gggrrrreat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Whelans is the shit.... haven't been there in a while. I might be on for this. Depends on if I go drinking after work for the England match or if I'm in a crappy mood.... we'll see anyhow.

Whelans is the shit.... haven't been there in a while. I might be on for this. Depends on if I go drinking after work for the England match or if I'm in a crappy mood.... we'll see anyhow.
    yeah come drown your sorrows at wheelan's . I promise I wont sit their pointing and shouting your shit your shit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

is it sad that I just watch the england games to get a glimpse of collen and posh?I love the glamour of the footballers wives.....actually I think I might go out with someone on the UCD soccer team next year so I can be the new Irish posh!I already have the english accent and the hair extensions all I need know is some false nails,a tan and a fitness video.

• Advertisement

good one

that was a joke right :D;)

ah i remember whelans now from my DIT days. I knew i'd been there.
    Cheers for reminders and maps folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

As a country person who knew exactly where it was, I feel morto on your behalf :p

Country people dont say Morto dear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

And Jackeens don't say 'dear' :p

Scraggs wrote:
    And Jackeens don't say 'dear' :p

I dont know why your calling me a Jackeen? Lets not bring up a little thing of the S.East's bountiful harvests during the famine ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

We can out-potato you any day of the week Grimes, and don't you forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

irlrobins wrote:
    Can't make. No prizes for guessing why.

Cos you don't actually exist?

either that was a hologram we saw on the last day of term or he does infact exist :p

• Advertisement

alright count me in

Advertisement