Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French (h) - the aftermath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

ah well, Thanks Raphael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sariane

why do you think it was A ? can you give a quote to explain that me? and don't A and C mean the same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

why do you think it was A ? can you give a quote to explain that me? and don't A and C mean the same thing?

Oh sorry. Um, she was worried that the book would be too revealing and some such about his life with heroin. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was the writer who said it about his mother, not his mother telling us.

And no, A means worried, C means bored.

im almost 100% sure that it can mean worried aswell?? maybe abercrombie could help seeing as shes fluent??? please!! thanks! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 joema

The answer is A.

Nice one. I got Croatia and handball aswell - pretty sure they are both correct

EDIT: Im pretty sure it means worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Je tombe d'accord avec le point de vue exprime par Ragshagbill. Inquiete means worry. Fiére means proud. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

JCB wrote:
    The slogan was "le rendez-vous de l’amitié." which meant "the meeting of friendship". So you had to talk about the importance of friendship and good sportsmanship in all sports! Good luck with that! :cool:

hhhmmm.....
    oh dear.

aah well... racism.. friendship... ish...

lord the more i read on here the more i realise i got wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Rockerette wrote:
    lord the more i read on here the more i realise i got wrong :D

yeah same with me! ye are all depressing me ye smart b*stards! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

hehe but sure tis only french...

im not planning on using it for points anyways, unless something else goes seriously wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

sariane wrote:
    im almost 100% sure that it can mean worried aswell?? maybe abercrombie could help seeing as shes fluent??? please!! thanks! :):)
    ragshagbill is right! A was worried and C was bored

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

For the First Question:

Quelle est l'attitude de jeannette envers la presence d'un photographe

is the answer:
    Elle <<s'inquiert de le tenue de son fils pour éviter une faute de gout sur la photo>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

bastard of a paper and in my exam centre which is the school cafe the echo was ****ing doin my head in as was that female feminist politician!!!!glad its over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Happy to get through it. The Aural was sound, very easy.

The comprehensions were a lot harder than expected. Totally guessed the second one as being a lawyer or something along those lines.

My written work was poor, just couldn't think of relevent words. A lot of repetition which isn't good, and didn't stick to the point which is worse. Overall a pass would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

whassupp2 wrote:
    Anybody who said Spain were wrong. Croatia is the answer

Yeah i think we all got that a while back:p

And ballerina thats worth feck all marks i think, im sure you aced the rest of it(actually)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

Doesn't ennuyant mean annoyed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

For the First Question:

Quelle est l'attitude de jeannette envers la presence d'un photographe

is the answer:
    Elle <<s'inquiert de le tenue de son fils pour éviter une faute de gout sur la photo>>

I got that too. Don't see what else it could have been I'm pretty sure its right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Raphael wrote:
    happydance: not for ages. The marking schemes aren't even finished yet, they can't produce a final draft till they see the initial spread of results and possibly modify it to accomodate
    But unless I'm quite mistaken it's always three marks for aural questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

jeez i thought i did pretty good in the paper but i think i did worse in the comprehensions then i thought after reading through this and obviously aural went terribly as expected! 90 mark question went well and the email was great but the third option one was quite bad! im hoping for a C2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Kwekubo wrote:
    But unless I'm quite mistaken it's always three marks for aural questions?

Yeah but depending on how ****e people do they can modify what gets three marks, 2 marks, 1ark or 0. Like if things went badly, a question with the answer "hit by lightning" could have initially carried 0 marks for the answer "hit", but they might change that to 1 mark or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Was almost on course to an A cos I did well in the oral, comprehensions and essays. After that listening I was so annoyed, as in everything went wrong!! I think I pretty much got 0 or 1 in section 5 and only like 1/2 marks in the rest!! And I mean if you saw the rest of my paper you would've thought A1!! So annoyed.

• Advertisement

abercrombie, if you look in the dictionary ennuyee does mean worried,preoccupied.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

but was c not ennui which means boredom?!? i can't remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

COMPREHENSION: The letters are A B and B.I can guarantee that.

no it was ennuyee which means worried, preoccupied but inquiete was there aswell and they mean the same thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Look, it's only five marks out of four hundred at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Doesn't enneyeux mean bored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

It said Ennui which is boredom; ennyeux is boring. For the tape its 3 marks per answer for sections 1-4 and 2 marks per answer in sec.5 Usually you get 3 for the right one and 2or1 for almost right.
    So if you said hit by something for the lightning question you might get 1/2
    I dont think it changes musch from that every year. I think sec.5 was there to sort out the A1 students from the A2 and B students- theres no other place on the exam where that happens (but thats just me ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

was it not inquiete cos she was dieing to read it ?

It said Ennui which is boredom; ennyeux is boring.

eh no it said ennuyee actually.. but yeah i know its only 5marks but i was just thinking loads about it but anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

sariane wrote:
    eh no it said ennuyee actually.. but yeah i know its only 5marks but i was just thinking loads about it but anyway!

No it was ennui! I just looked at the paper!

Advertisement