Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French (h) - the aftermath

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Faerie wrote:
    No it was ennui! I just looked at the paper!
    so it's settled then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Was almost on course to an A cos I did well in the oral, comprehensions and essays. After that listening I was so annoyed, as in everything went wrong!! I think I pretty much got 0 or 1 in section 5 and only like 1/2 marks in the rest!! And I mean if you saw the rest of my paper you would've thought A1!! So annoyed.
    Thats what I meant when I said that the listening was an A Filter. The exact same thing happened to me! :(

BTW I think Ennui/ennyuee was the wrong answer to that Question so it dosent matter anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sariane

god i'm getting so confused now! it's says ennuyee?? http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2006/LC010ALPO00EV.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

sariane wrote:
    god i'm getting so confused now! it's says ennuyee?? http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2006/LC010ALPO00EV.pdf

Ok that's weird. Maybe it's a misprint! It wouldn't make sense if it was ennuyee because you can't have worried down twice and I looked at the exampaper today in school so I'm pretty sure it was ennui!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sariane

hehehe ah well we'll just leave it! :) was just really confusing me maybe that is a misprint but anyway! french went alright for me overall i think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 chasey_

it definetely said ennuyee on my paper anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

How on earth could it be a misprint? You don't think that maybe it's your memory telling you what you want to hear? It said ennuyée, which means bored. Speaking of which, this debacle is hardly interesting anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blah blah blah

no its not, but the papers are on examinations.ie so why dont people just check?

blah, blah etc,

They have, and they have seen they are wrong, but they are suggesting its a misprint now. What the hell, like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blah blah blah

i'm sorry to be a pain in the ass but what the hell is the point in going over something that you cant change, are you all seriously going to spend your summer worrying over 5 stupid points in your french exam??? And if you are, why bother even getting out of bed in the morning? whats done is done.
    Once again i apologise for my abruptness.

• Advertisement

blah, blah etc,

They have, and they have seen they are wrong, but they are suggesting its a misprint now. What the hell, like?

I meant it might have been a misprint on the internet. It's not unheard of you know. Maybe I am wrong and I misread it on the paper but ennui is boredom and ennuyee means bothered and I just remember thinking C meant boredom.

i'm sorry to be a pain in the ass but what the hell is the point in going over something that you cant change, are you all seriously going to spend your summer worrying over 5 stupid points in your french exam??? And if you are, why bother even getting out of bed in the morning? whats done is done.
    Once again i apologise for my abruptness.

It doesn't matter, particularly since it wasn't even the correct answer - A was I think! It's just anything to think about to avoid studying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Diddymau

whassupp2 wrote:
    Did the diary entry but didnt realise that you were supposed to hate the penpal guy.

ah fekin hell u were ment ta hate your man.... damn..... ah i thought it all went awful. the 2nd comp was really bad........

the ritten was ok i understood de Q's like but i **** at french so was bad...

and the listening was awful i thought... i mean i usually either fail r pass the listening but that was awful..... ah god the worst exam for me by far.... well irish maybe but that was ordinary and i left paper 2 after half an hour.... anyways french was really crap.....:eek:

i mean i usually either fail r pass the listening

Wise words there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mmmbop babe

was a nice paper.....if ya knew ur stuff!!
    i did :D was totally chuffed wit that!!
    comprehension 2 was a bit :eek: tho!

Advertisement