Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help

Options
  • 13-06-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I was thinking about purchasing this for my pc but have a few questions before i do so. I have a 2.8 pentium and 1 gb of ram, is this enought to run the game without horrible loading times or should i just pick this up for my ps2, i ask this as 1 of my old championship manager games is pretty damn slow. Also im not too well read up on the whole eidos/sports interactive split, football manager is the good 1 right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

astro wrote:
    I was thinking about purchasing this for my pc but have a few questions before i do so. I have a 2.8 pentium and 1 gb of ram, is this enought to run the game without horrible loading times or should i just pick this up for my ps2, i ask this as 1 of my old championship manager games is pretty damn slow. Also im not too well read up on the whole eidos/sports interactive split, football manager is the good 1 right?

yes football manager is the good one...

as for the specs i've a 3.0 p4 and 512 ram and it runs fine i think the min requirement is a 2.8 processor but not sure so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong... the loading times get worse as the game goes on but it is faster than the older versions! not much now but still its a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I have a 2.6 proc and 512 ram and it runs fine for me. It has very low requirements and you can always lower the amount of leagues and their detail that you run.

Everyone pity me, my editor in his e-mail put Football Manager 2006 up for review. So me being a fan hopped on it. When the game arrived it was Champ Man 2006 :(
    Now I have to play it and review it, I feel dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Slurms wrote:
    I have a 2.6 proc and 512 ram and it runs fine for me. It has very low requirements and you can always lower the amount of leagues and their detail that you run.

Everyone pity me, my editor in his e-mail put Football Manager 2006 up for review. So me being a fan hopped on it. When the game arrived it was Champ Man 2006 :(
    Now I have to play it and review it, I feel dirty.

I felt dirty not so long ago ;) its not that bad a game - ran very fast for me, with the match at top speed you fly through seasons - thats good for me as im very impatient! anyways its nowhere near as good as fm2006 but i needed a break from that

fm2006 = heroin
    cm2006 = methadone

Advertisement