Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

important exam result question regarding medicine

Options
  • 13-06-2006 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

was going to put this in the other thread but as an isolated query I thought It would be seen by more people here.

Ok so just got three of my results for systems one,gastro,neuro and endoocrine.For two of them it says PASS and the other one it says pc not fail.Does this mean I have passed by compensation?? I gort 45 % in it and as a group I got an overall pass in systems one??

Two of my friens says this means I have passed my neuro by compensation?Is this true??Any info from meds here would be mucho aprreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Looks like you passed neway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yea looks like you got it. Maybe check with the exams office just to be sure?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yup it means your grand - I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that PC means pass by compensation (I passed many an exam that way!) Random fact: If there was no passing by compensation 98% of my class would have failed 3rd year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Presuming pass mark was 50 then YEAH U DID.
    Personally I freaked out when i found out I needed 45 was the pass by mark, then I found out the final exam didn't have negative marking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

PC is pass by compensation. Got one of those at christmas, they're great! Well done panda!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yay pc is my new bf!!
    Byrno,are the respiratory diseases results out yet?It just says absent on my results?I thought they came out today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

According to the exams website they'll be out next Wednesday at the latest. Or maybe Monday, can't really work it out!

Haven't gotten my results yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

blondie83 wrote:
    Random fact: If there was no passing by compensation 98% of my class would have failed 3rd year!
    Engineering I bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

irlrobins wrote:
    Engineering I bet!

It's all we can ever hope for! Practically everyone in my class thinks they failed thermodynamics, but since it's grouped with chemistry and biotechnology, we all hope to pass overall... we'll all be singing the praises of 'pc' in a fortnight I guess (I hope!).

Tell me about it. Ah the good ol days back in the 90's when I used PC to pass Microelectronic Circuits. As did 80% of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

is the elec department particular about what they let you pass by compensation? Or is it just if you have been 30% and 40% they let you PC.

I think a lot of people failed both circuit theory and electronic circuits this year (2nd Yr). That seemed to be the general feeling after the electronic circuits exam anyway...

I think electronic circuits is a hard one to pass anyway, the way the exam is set you can't pass with just the basics....

afaik it's not limited by subject or anything. So as long as ou have above 30% in each and all other subjects are ok then you'll get PC in both. But check the marks and standards to be certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

i think I should be okay in elec circuits....but some others weren't so sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

irlrobins wrote:
    Engineering I bet!
    How id you ever guess :D Yeah good old compensation, got me through first and third year! In 3rd year there was one subject in particular that 94% of my class failed (yes this was just one subject!)

tywy wrote:
    is the elec department particular about what they let you pass by compensation? Or is it just if you have been 30% and 40% they let you PC.

I think a lot of people failed both circuit theory and electronic circuits this year (2nd Yr). That seemed to be the general feeling after the electronic circuits exam anyway...

I think electronic circuits is a hard one to pass anyway, the way the exam is set you can't pass with just the basics....
    in first and second year you can compensate in up to 2 subjects, and in third year you can compensate in up to 3. To compensate you need at least 30%, and to be able to make up at least twice the difference with anohter subject (although thats never really a problem). In second year we had Feely for both those subjects, but I still managed to score a whole 15% in elec circuits! I just didnt do any work for it like...was my lowest score ever. Repeats were grand though - Solid State Electronics is the one to look out for in third year :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yes, SSE and E-Mag in 3rd year are ones to be careful of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I got my anatomy oral and had passed everything else really well bar physiology which i failed by like a percent or too so i was passed - doesn't say compensation on mine though as it doesn't exist in my course - all the ones i passed say ex and physiology says PASS. but i don't care - no repeats for me

I got my anatomy oral and had passed everything else really well bar physiology which i failed by like a percent or too so i was passed - doesn't say compensation on mine though as it doesn't exist in my course - all the ones i passed say ex and physiology says PASS. but i don't care - no repeats for me

congrats!Anatomy orals are bums..all the bones look the friggin same to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

There's Anatomy Orals! Fock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

panda100 wrote:
    Anatomy orals are bums..all the bones look the friggin same to me

I think there's far too much innuendo in that sentence!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

panda100 wrote:
    congrats!Anatomy orals are bums..all the bones look the friggin same to me

It was mainly neuro and stuff so very little fun bones apart from spine stuff. Udo is not a funny man though....

• Advertisement

Samos wrote:
    I think there's far too much innuendo in that sentence!! :rolleyes:

Such a typical male engineering student :)
    The mentioning of bones,bums,orals in one sentence and your poor little female deprived eng brain goes into overdrive :D

Advertisement