Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rimfire buttstock ammo holder

Options
  • 13-06-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7221176324&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Bought this off ebay last week for my .22wmr and it works brilliant fits 2-3 bullets in each loop but its still tight enough to hold them securly i took out the stichting in the last loop and it now holds my magazine as well as being very compfortable to shoot off and raising my cheek a few mm

the last is a picture of the "new" 33gr acu-tip remington bullets which have a tradjectory like a .17hmr and lost of knock down power for foxes

dsc000712sd.jpg

dsc000720hc.jpg

dsc000767pp.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭17HMR

Nice....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

they're made by allen as well don't know how well it would take normal rimfire ammo but no probs with magnum rimfire

probably going shooting foxes in the morning so will see how everything goes hopefully it works and everything is easy enough to get in/out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

psitta,

cool butt sock, i see from the pic that its a CZ, so maybe you can advise? i've had a Cz 452 .22lr for 8 years or so and i clean it regularly, recently it misfired due to the bolt being full of crud (the lock time was spectacularly slow). after this happened i soaked the bolt in diesel over night and it seems to have done the job. my question is. is it safe to dismantle the bolt without running the risk of not being able to reassemble it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The bolt on the CZ is pretty easy to dissassemble, it's described in the manual.

http://www.czub.cz/navody/cz452_en.pdf

@Hezz700

Yeah the bolt is really easy to disassemble but thats not the whole problem

My CZ is pretty old as well made in '99 and i bought it last year and had the same problem

to dissassemble the bolt remove it from the gun then decock the firing pin (hold bolt body and close as if arming if it was in the gun) when this is dont press in the blued centre part at the very rear of the gun then pull the safety switch out of the bolt and thats it. Theres only about 4 pieces so no problem with not putting it back together to clean it i just ran a very thin bit of cloth through it and cleaned down everything else with a bit of oil.

Cotton buds work great for hard to reach places

what your problem is because ive experienced the same thing is dirt/grit in the barrel face where the extractors sit you should be able to find what im talking about easy enough they're two small "dents" either side of the hole in the barrel you want to clean these out as best you can and clean the front of the bolt face and in and behind the extractors and around the barrel face and that should fix it ive done that once since ive bought the gun 1 year now i think and its solved the prob

also cleaning your rimfire the whole time isnt the best of ideas no problem with oiling down the outside to keep it shiny but for the barrel clean it as little as possible i use a pull through every 20-30 shots with a patch on the end first one has a bit of oil then keep using clean patchs till they come out clean never use a bronze brush unless its really fouled up as this will do more harm than good in a rimfire. The bullets are mostly lead and its easy to clean the bores on a centrefire gun however its different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

civdef,

cheers for the link. it was a good help.

Hezz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

They're the remington premiers - been using them for a while now and find them excellent - stopped using anything else in the CZ.
    €16.50 is the cheapest I've seen them Pat Hayes Mallow
    €17.50 JefferSports Bandon
    €25 in place in Midleton :rolleyes:

Yeah find them excellent on foxes and you can see the hole it left in the rabbit on the pictures thread

im paying €19 my dealer normally gives everything to me pretty cheap i pay €12 for rem 40gr jhp so strange that he's charging so much for those but they're worth the money

Du roughly know the tradjectory for them

if i zero at 75yards they're pretty much good from 50 to 150 allowing for a inch or 2

Advertisement