Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant: Time wasting rip-off merchant tiling company

Options
  • 13-06-2006 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi folks,

I've been treated pretty shabbily by a tiling company; ,<snip>
    They sent a rep out to measure (~30 yards2) and quote (€750) for the job, I accepted the quote, went to the shop and bought over a grands worth of tiles and materials from them.

The following week the owner of the company dropped a tiler and the tiles to my house and told me that there must have been a mistake with the quote and asked for a further €450 to do the job. He tried to tell me that the cost of putting plywood on the floor had not been factored into the job! B0||1x, I spent a good 15 min with the rep and some time with the shop staff seeking reassurance that the added height of the ply would not impinge on my ability to slide a dishwasher under the pre-existing kitchen counter. We were all on the same page!

I told him that I'd be willing to pay an extra €250 on top of the agreed price but he wouldn't hear of it saying that it would be "commercial suicide" if he accepted my offer.

This kind of bully boy trick might work with people who are so time poor that they can't afford to give up another Saturday to look at tiles. I’m standing there looking at the tiles all stacked up, a tiler ready to start and I know that this will all be over if I just take the hit… Fukkit

I offered to meet the guy more than half way. He put me and my partner through a huge inconvenience, and for the sake of €200 wouldn't put it right.

It was obvious to me that this guy put his bottom line way above his good name and I was looking for someone that took a bit of pride in they’re work.

So I told him to refund me my money and to take his tiles and shove them up his h0le.
    <snip>. Dirty thieving bastards. You have been warned.

lol,

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Thanks for the warning, sorry to hear you had to go through that, there's some dodgy c*nts out there alright... will stay well clear of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Sorry to hear of your trouble, but do you really think it's wise or fair to name and shame while posting your version of events when the other party has no such opportunity ? Especially when you consider that your post achieves very little besides getting it off your chest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Why would he bother making all that up if it didnt happen?

I think he was right to name and shame, Id do the same if it happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I didn't suggest it was made up, I'm just questioning whether it's fair to give one version of the story since there's always two sides. Esp when the other party is not aware it's being discussed in a public forum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

While I understand your frustration at the way you have been treated, this forum is not really the place to discuss it. There is a 'Consumer Issues' forum where you might get a better response.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement