Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Thread (Youtube etc) *DON'T QUOTE VIDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Summer of Punk 2011 mixed with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, you say? Okay, I can dig it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw Vince on a documentary on ESPN last night. Found it again on Youtube. It's about Chuck Wepner, a journeyman boxer who once knocked down Ali (before losing to him), who Stallone supposedly based Rocky Balboa on.

Wepner had a contest with Andre in the 1970s and Wepner says this is what Stallone based the scene with Hogan and Balboa on from Rocky III. Bit with Vince commenting on the Andre match is at 39:55:

Vince also features near the end at 49:26.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Shawn Michaels Sweet Chin Music to Brock Lesnar.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have no idea what to say to this :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Behold the new Mistico (formerly known as Dragon Lee):

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Clever

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just listen to the pop JR gets! Even the worst of matches seemed good with a hot crowd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

(Stolen from Jay's Twitter)
    NWO: Back in black full film:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Scotty 2 hotty made a return to the new look NXT against heath slater, heres a link to the full show http://www.webvideoshare.com/videos/player3.php?id=pxgs2s2e3g612

Loving the new NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Delighted that Scotty is back on the WWE pay-roll, met him last year at a MSW show in Tallaght and came across as such a nice guy.

I assume he isn't back just to wrestle, but also as a road agent or trainer?

Not sure man, I think it may have been just that they were taping in his home town.He looks great ,still very agile.

Delirous playing off the recent ROH roster argy bargy on shoot interviews over this Summer:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like he's gotten to Bourne's private stash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Kota Ibushi decides that the aim of his new moveset should be to paralyze his opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The second one looks bad but the rest should be ok provided his opponent knows what he is doing. If the opponent doesn't keep up or thinks its something else, he's in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I really don't think any of those moves look safe, even with the mats down on the ring floor. Does anyone know what's being said, is this video meant to be funny or what's the story?

I really don't think any of those moves look safe, even with the mats down on the ring floor. Does anyone know what's being said, is this video meant to be funny or what's the story?

Funny. Pretty much what starviewadams said. DDT is largey a comedy promotion.

It was building to this insane match:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xswt5n_kota-ibushi-c-vs-kenny-omega-ddt-08-18-12_sport

MiYjw.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Sandman's finest performance:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just found these two jems while watching old WCW videos

Haha Juvi was pretty funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rovert wrote: »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xswt5n_kota-ibushi-c-vs-kenny-omega-ddt-08-18-12_sport
    Ha ha, cheers for clearing that up. I thought it was just a bunch of enthusiastic young hopefuls having their necks tortured by their hero or something. It brought to mind the collection of Super Dragon's favourite moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Nice little tribute to the greatest wrestler of all time, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_cnzWVWTU&feature=fvwrel

With my birthday coming up and Being a big Mick Foley fan I remember my brother bought this video for me for my birthday around 13 years ago and I lost count of how many times I watched it.

There was no part 3 or 4 on youtube :o

Another trailer for the ECW documentary touted on Kickstarter currently showing most of the cast of talking heads:

Pretty cool having every major Wrestling reporter of that time in it. Looking forward to Dave Scherer and Bruce Mitchell butt heads over the Mass Transit incident and ECW losing PPV.

rovert wrote: »

MiYjw.gif

In the words of Booker T..."Oh mah goodness!"

That match is insane.

sockmo wrote: »
    In the words of Booker T..."Oh mah goodness!"

That match is insane.

What Dave Meltzer wrote about it and the show in the Observer:
    When it comes to attendance figures, every year, the show that on the surface makes no sense, except it’s always like this, is when Sanshiro Takagi’s Dramatic Dream Team (DDT) promotion runs its annual big event.

This year, on 8/18, the group ran at Budokan Hall, and drew an announced 10,124 fans, a number that looked accurate live and sources said this was not a papered number. Keep in mind that is nearly what New Japan did last week for the G-1 finals, more than any MMA promotion can do in Japan these days, more than WWE has been able to do in Tokyo for years, and about double what Pro Wrestling NOAH was doing in its flagship arena before having to pull out.

They have a unique way of doing things. There are about 50 wrestlers on their roster, most of who have regular jobs. They are all given tons of tickets to sell, with most of the guys selling more than 100 tickets by hand for their show which combines a lot of comedy, gimmicks probably closer to CHIKARA Pro than anything in North America, if there even is anything comparable, and some great high flying wrestling.

Between several gay acts, an invisible man gimmick, their trademark blow-up doll, Sticking firecrackers up guy’s asses, a five vs. five indoor soccer match, there was a lot of wackiness. But on the same show the main event, where Kota Ibushi, the group’s top star and one of the most spectacular wrestlers in the world, headlined against Kenny Omega, perhaps the most underrated wrestler in the business, could match any main event anywhere. Reports we got was it was a ***** match and one of the best matches anywhere of the past several years. Perhaps that’s hyperbole, except the report we got on the match was somewhat confirmed by El Generico, who has been in and seen his share of great matches, and said it was the best match he had ever seen live. Those in Japan raved about the main event even though DDT is a cult deal without a lot of interest to the general public, or outside the cult.

The show, entitled “Budokan Peter Pan 2012,” featured all kinds of things you wouldn’t see on any other major Japanese promotion.

Haven't summoned the energy to watch yet due being under the weather and busy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Advertisement