Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Thread (Youtube etc) *DON'T QUOTE VIDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »

That match is completely nuts. Some of the stuff is just incredible (and totally crazy).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

I don't watch too much Japanese wrestling but I have to say that match was amazing..and that moonsault off the balcony! :eek: it was nuts! facking hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

How effing intense were the old RAW IS WAR intros ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

This has to be a rib I know he used the small package alot when he was in the indies but this can only go one way on wwe tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

airmax87 wrote: »
    How effing intense were the old RAW IS WAR intros ?!

What made the Raw Is War intro great was that it followed into that kickass theme song, by Slam Jam Group. I miss that group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Was that just a recording name for Jim Johnston? Sounds like White Zombie or somethin, in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Still cracks me up :D

Was that just a recording name for Jim Johnston? Sounds like White Zombie or somethin, in hindsight.

Nah it was like a supergroup that was comprised of Jon Olivia(Savatage), Scott Ian(Anthrax), Kenny Hickey(Type O Negative), Gary Meskill(Crumbscukers) and Tim Mallare(Overkill) which made the Raw theme song in the attiude era.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

(Stolen from Jay's Twitter)
    NWO: Back in black full film

Such an awesome film.

And I love the fact that they cut out Heenan's idiotic "But which side is he on?" quip.

I remember being so pi$$ed off that Scott Hall and Hollywood Hogan both lost in their first PPV match back with the company at Wrestlemania, pi$$ed off in the same way Lesnar lost to Cena this year, but looking back now it must have been the plan to turn Hogan face as quickly as possible so it did all make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Charisteas wrote: »
    Such an awesome film.

And I love the fact that they cut out Heenan's idiotic "But which side is he on?" quip.

I remember being so pi$$ed off that Scott Hall and Hollywood Hogan both lost in their first PPV match back with the company at Wrestlemania, pi$$ed off in the same way Lesnar lost to Cena this year, but looking back now it must have been the plan to turn Hogan face as quickly as possible so it did all make sense.

Well according to an interview with Hogan they had no intention to turn him face until they heard the reception he got at WM X8, apparently Vince made the call from the gorilla position to send out Hall and Nash to attack him after the match.

So that would have meant the original plan was for him to lose at WM and remain a heel.

I don't know how much of that is true as Hogan has a history of embellishing the truth to massage his own ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Tinie wrote: »
    Scary Benoit

Someone should have told him that wrestling is fake, that is taking the story line way too seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Charisteas wrote: »
    Such an awesome film.

I think that was the one time I HATED Heenan. He ruined the segment! He should have said "Here Comes Hogan, He's coming to the aid of the Macho Man"
    But noooo! He had to spoil the angle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have high hopes for this, really hope it delivers.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Nah it was like a supergroup that was comprised of Jon Olivia(Savatage), Scott Ian(Anthrax), Kenny Hickey(Type O Negative), Gary Meskill(Crumbscukers) and Tim Mallare(Overkill) which made the Raw theme song in the attiude era.
    Must say, I never thought it was someone of Scott Ian's stature playin that song!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

montyrebel wrote: »
    Someone should have told him that wrestling is fake, that is taking the story line way too seriously

That video is a little bit scary i hope it wasnt done just before he did what he did lol

It's very unusual to see what looks like a pre-tape where someone is covered in blood as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Def one of the greatest rivalries ever in WWE history in terms of story and matches quality.

House of Hardcore vid

They should really call it, house of has-beens and nobodies featuring special guest Edge :D
    Must say, I never thought it was someone of Scott Ian's stature playin that song!

I'd say giving the right motivation he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So, to my surprise, I found out that HBK vs Macho-Man actually happened once, on one of those Coliseum video-exclusive thingies (technical term, that).

It gets a little flash towards the end, but otherwise, it's pretty standard pseudo-houseshow stuff that WWF-video was famous for at the time. When you had two name-stars in match on a non-PPV/SNME, you could be guaranteed very little of note was going to happen. Similar with a Jake The Snake vs Mr. Perfect one I found, prolonged stalling (even for expectations of the time) with just enough flare to keep the crowd reacting.

It's great business, of course, keeping a potential PPV match somewhat fresh, but I'd be lying if I were to say it was anyways riveting to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They wrestled a few more times. Their match from Germany on the same tour is far more interesting due Savage selling a storyline bum knee amazingly:

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'd say giving the right motivation he would.
    I guess what you mean to say is, Millions Of Dollars, Millions Of Dollars! Yeah, it was an especially hot commodity, as was that sort of music back then as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oddly this was on Broadsheet.ie but not here yet:

Billed as Ireland's first i-PPV:

Celtic Championship Wrestling Ireland presents "Showdown in Bishopstown" IPPV.
    On August 5th 2012, CCW, the new revolution in Irish professional wrestling debuted in Cork, Ireland.
    An appreciative crowd looked on as some of Ireland's top stars in the business showcased their talent and competed in a series of gruelling matches.

Here we present to you the full show as it happened on the night for your viewing pleasure.

Matches :
    Lone Wolf Lycan V Dunken Disorderly
    Space Cadet V Executioner
    Six man Tag Team : Thunder & Lightning / Bonesaw V Smoking Aces & Hardshaw
    Shawn Maxer V Vic Viper
    Fatal Four way : J.C. WIlliams V Irish Dragon V Insano V Bingo Ballance

Please watch this video in 1080p HD by selecting from the menu below the video.

Havent watched any matches yet but looks like a very strong effort production wise.

rovert wrote: »
    Havent watched any matches yet but looks like a very strong effort production wise.

I was at the show and it was very enjoyable, particularly the Vic Viper and Maxer match. The production values are above and beyond what I expected. Fair play to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

they posted about the show in the Irish Promotions Thread. Fair play to them getting that together. How was the T&L match?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    they posted about the show in the Irish Promotions Thread. Fair play to them getting that together. How was the T&L match?

It was really good, crowd got really behind it and there were some decent spots to the outside. The card overall was very strong and they built some storylines for the next show in October which I'll hopefully get to aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Kickstarter ECW Documetary preview

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just watched the 1st three matches and so far so good. Glad they put effort into the media side , good camera work , promos . Only grip would be the guy commenting with Blake is annoying since he mentions Blakes name every few seconds

Preview for the upcoming Face off shoot interview/intervention between Balls Mahoney and New Jack.

What are the odds on them hugging it out? :D

• Advertisement

Macho Man fan celebrates in the ring.

Advertisement