Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cbf 250?

• 13-06-2006 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Howdy folks,

I've been looking around at a few bikes lately, hoping to make my first purchase in a few weeks.

One that's caught my eye and I'd really love to get is the Honda CBF 250.

I really haven't seen too many of these around, and don't know anyone with one. Has anyone here got one; had any problems with it?

Thanks!

(I think the CBF is only slightly over the CBR in my "wish-list", but am I making a mistake? Is the CBR a better choice for commuting around town/the occasional 70 mile trip?)

Comments

Do a search on this forum as there *has* been talk of hornets in the past.

In general a bike with some fairing will be nicer for longer trips. You could get a flyscreen for the hornet which would deflect most of the wind though. A motorway ride in heavy wind on a fully naked bike can be pretty extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 insomniac_32

Also the hornet is group 6 (cbr is group5) so depending on your age and licence you may have to forget it or cought up a lot more €€€€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

It's a 20hp 250cc bike. I'm 99% sure that a 2006 CBF250 is in group 5.

It's not really for longer trips either, just around the city. I was just wondering if I'd be making a mistake based on this.... Otherwise though,

Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hornet 250 has a four-cylinder CBR250 derived engine. CBF250 is a single cylinder.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 modal_ie

I have a Hornet CB250 if that's the bike you're talkin about. Only got it in the last few months and pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is. In terms of 250cc bikes go you'll find it hard to beat - 4 Clyinder, 16v, Twin Gear Driven Cam, 40bhp. 0-60 in 4 seconds. Nice for commuting on, also good for a spin at the weekends. Good all rounder really. Although as u say, they are rare since they were only ever imported to Ireland. Give it time and you can pick up a pretty sweet one.

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 threetwentynine

Your on about the CB250, air cooled parallel twin, they're a bit of an old dog, great for commuting but that's about it, I wouldn't want to be doing 70 miles on one, get a few lessons with the ISM if you want to drive one, they have a few.

This:
    cb250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

how about my hornet 250 that i'm selling
    checl out the link here

Advertisement