Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router with UTV BB question

Options
  • 13-06-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I set up an Eircom BB wireless router [Netopia 3347NWG]for a mate so he could replace his BT Voyager without wireless for his UTV Clicksilver connection. All seems fine - his username is correct and both Primary and Secondary DNS Servers are listed as UTV Internet when viewed on his Netopia Gateway homepage.

However I notice that this Gateway homepage has Eircom branding on it and the Wireless ID[SSID] mentions Eircom too - eircom**** **** (broadcast)

Am I right in thinking that Eircom have nothing to do with this account and that it's just branded firmware that I can ignore and just change the SSID to anything else? Just being cautious really. If this guy gets a bill from Eircom he'll murder me! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yep call it what you like. It's just a name. You can call it "fuckingloadofshite" and it will work. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Deamonn

What the settings for this?

I have an eircom wireless netopia router and now im on utv but with a wired modem. Any chance someone could help me set this up? I really miss the wireless :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Please don't revive ancient threads:mad:

If you have an Eircom netopia router and want to connect to some other isp then the only things you will have to change are the password and sign on that UTV have given you. Everything else will remain the same.

Your old wireless network should work irrespective of who are you are connected to as it is taking a bb signal and spreading it around the house.

You can access the netopa by http://192.168.1.254 insert the username and password and save your settings.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IF the utv box is already a DHCP server then you may have to turn off DHCP sever in the eircom router

Advertisement