Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on a Morris Minor

Options
  • 13-06-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I just though I'd drop this in:

If you want to get a car that's cheap to buy, cheap to run and cheap to insure y'all should get a Morris Minor! Yes, it isn't fast but it has tons more character than almost any car today. Its cool looking, reliable, its just an all round cool car.

As for insurance I'm 22 with a full licence for the last year, and insuring myself for a year(not classical insurance) on one under my own name would be €1000. Not bad!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

thats pretty good. I've always liked the Minor, its like the English bettle.

How much did the car cost ? and what year is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Scr&#225 wrote: »
    I just though I'd drop this in:

If you want to get a car that's cheap to buy, cheap to run and cheap to insure y'all should get a Morris Minor! Yes, it isn't fast but it has tons more character than almost any car today. Its cool looking, reliable, its just an all round cool car.

As for insurance I'm 22 with a full licence for the last year, and insuring myself for a year(not classical insurance) on one under my own name would be €1000. Not bad!

cheap to buy ? where..... ?....where did you get yours and how much ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Deadly!:D Was that the one on Carzone.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

I hope you don't do too much driving. The mechanicals back then were nowhere near as durable as anything built after the Japanese came along and showed everyone how it was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

The A-series is a pretty reliable little motor actually ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement