Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gatecrasher (World Cup on RTE)

• 13-06-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

What a load. I mean it really is woefull TV.

They could have made it interesting. I cant believe how bad it is - does one of Ger Gilroys friends work high up in RTE and decided to give him and his mates a holiday??

Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Saw the one earlier and thought the credits were quite well done, but as for the show... :(

I hope he paid for his own ticket, but somehow I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Dont get me wrong - he is good on newstalk - but he is onscreen for about 10 seconds and then they have very quick and dull naration of a few things they are doing. I just dont get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

yeah credits are good - probably same team as worked on the Podge and Rodge show - looks like the same style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah i like him on newstalk but this 'gatecrasher' thing is so so dull its not even funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

he has a face for radio and he works it well. dont like him on tele. he is more free to have a laugh on the radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

his presentation on the tv is very stop start, it takes him ages to finish a sentence "and here..........we are now in Ger............many, look over.........there ...... it's people"

terrible tv, no point in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's **** on the radio and worse on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

ziggy67 wrote:
    Seen him doing a kind of "Soccer AM" style GAA program for RTE last year though which was frankly cringeworthy! Can't recall what it was called though

Think it was Park Live or Park Life or something like that.

Advertisement