Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting

Options
  • 13-06-2006 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Does anyone else think that it's absolutely disgusting the way the whole nation is bullying Grace?
    Yes she's a bit bitchy but let's face it she's young and young girls are bitchy - you should try going to school with them - and she's in a small environment with nothing else to do. She hasn't victimised or isolated anyone and she's not evil!
    I don't think I would particularly like her if I knew her, but the chanting on Friday's show was beyond cruel. I think it's horrific to do that to ANYONE but to do it to someone who will obviously be affected and devastated by it makes me sick.
    I'm totally expecting everyone to start saying all the 'horrible' things Grace has done but does she really deserve to have to walk out in front of a crazed mob?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

For many of the people in the previous big brothers who got booed, I would've have said they certainly did not deserve to be booed.

However, as people have been booed more and more in recent years, I would think everybody who goes into the big brother house this year should expect to be booed. And that's the "nice" people in there too.

Being a young girl is not an excuse for how she is acting, like sezer she has systematically bullied people, bitching behind people's backs, lying about what people have said, and trying to play people off each other. Did she deserve what she got? yes for two reasons, one for going on big brother in the first place (all contestants deserve the reaction they get) and two, for the disgusting behaviour.

It seems to me, that this is the kind of girl who makes life miserable for girls she doesn't like. This is the type of girl that would drive some poor girl to suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

but does she really deserve to have to walk out in front of a crazed mob?

Yes. If she had issues with this happening maybe she shouldn't of entered the competition to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Hobbes wrote:
    Yes. If she had issues with this happening maybe she shouldn't of entered the competition to begin with.

Well do you not think that that says something worrying about the people who go to the evictions? I think that they must have serious issues to go and do that to another human being.

Cactus Col wrote:

It seems to me, that this is the kind of girl who makes life miserable for girls she doesn't like. This is the type of girl that would drive some poor girl to suicide.

That's a bit melodramatic. She doesn't victimise anyone.
    And from someone who has been a victim of bullying, I can honestly say that her behaviour is not nearly bad enough to be classified as 'actual' bullying. I don't recall anyone in the house ever even complaining that they feel bullied by her (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Let me see.... the bully... get's bullied. Fine with me. Do you not remember her bullying tactics last? Bitch has it coming to her as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If she's really worried about the reception she'll get she should just walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Bully and bullying defined
    bul·ly
    n. pl. bul·lies
    A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
    A hired ruffian; a thug.
    A pimp.

v. bul·lied, bul·ly·ing, bul·lies
    v. tr.
    To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
    To make (one's way) aggressively.

v. intr.
    To behave like a bully.
    To force one's way aggressively or by intimidation: “They bully into line at the gas pump” (Martin Gottfried).

And coming from someone who was also a victim of bullying, I can also say her behaviour IS classed as bullying.

I dont think that the entire country hates her.
    Just maybe 96%... which will hopefully be the percentage of votes she gets on friday and beats Sleazers record.

she is on a TV show. It's a popularity contest.
    It's no longer the social experiment that it started out as.
    She knows what BB is, justl ike the rest of the housemates and she knows what to expect. She could have chosen not to go to an audition, not to go in there, or to walk for no reason like George did.
    She put herself in there to be judged.
    She IS being judged by the viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Yet nobody, on any forum, is able to list 5 or more examples of her "bullying".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

OP. Posted this on another thread:

GRACE: WHY SHE IS SO BAD:

ACTION: Engaging in more sexual activity in the house than anyone else
    RESPONSE: Constantly going into the diary room and giving out about the slags in the house.

ACTION: Walking around in skimpy outfits (not in itself a bad thing!)
    RESPONSE: Giving out about Nikki walking around in skimpy outfits

ACTION: Causing constant conflict between the housemates by twisting their words
    RESPONSE: Complaining about the two-faced nature of the house, and claiming that her unwillingness to engaged in same two-faced behaviour is why she is booed.

OTHER THINGS:

- Racist language e.g. wigger

- Blaming Mikey for her being booed

- As you may have seen on BBLB, all the behind-the-scences staff at BB all hate her aswell, indicating that she is even worse than they are broadcasting

- She is clearly a bully who likes to pick on weaker people

- She has a face like a slapped-trout (admittedly this last point is not the best point of this post!)

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

The boo-ing surely represents an opportunity for Grace to re-examine her behaviour when she gets out and change the mean nasty bad hearted person that she is - she makes verbal mincemeat out of people. We all have faults, we are all on a learning curve but this girl didn't even think for a second that she IS bitchy she said "maybe I SHOULD be backstabbing like everyone else".
    Doesn't she even realise she's a schoolyard bully? now's her chance to change.

• Advertisement

Surely bullying includes comments that would hurt people if they overheard them - she's the worst kind of bully
    1. all the insults she's thrown at Nikki for wearing little clothing remember all the digs about how she would never do nuts and the looks she threw the plastics insinuating that she was better than that after wildly proclaiming she never thought she was better than Nikki or Lea. (much evidence of this)
    2. All her wicked and twisted impressions of Sam for the other's entertainment - she instigated a lot of bitching sessions about Sam
    3. The whole chinese whispers lying thing where she said Sam said this bla bla and then later told imogen "oh I never mentioned Sam's name so we didn't add fuel to the fire" (she used Sam as a pawn).
    4. She took a dislike to Ashleyne the minute she saw her and said all her male friends would class Ashleyne as a dog etc and the whole wigger comment and telling her she liked that odd pink glittery pink bikini she was wearing to Ashleyne's face and then constant slaggin her off afterwards
    5. She said to Nikki today that whichever of them stays should make Susie's life "a living hell" and called her boobs earlier bizarrely enough "silicone thunder thighs".

That's 5 off the top of my head - I could go on... even the way she tried to bully Glyn off the podium in the waiting game and all the horrible looks she throws to the others behind people's backs!

She is a NASTY piece of work! That's your FIVE instances! and there's more where that came from..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 annettemc

The chanting was completely horrible for her, and although she is quite the little miss bitch, she genuienely worries of what people think of her and stuff so i feel sorry for her. her bitching is all to do with the way she has been brought up - its not like she has been in this situation before you know? and shes only like 2 years or less older than glyn. only 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Slagging off Aisleyne and calling her fat, hoochie mama, wigger, ghetto b*tch, moose.

Slagging off all the girls that have breast implants, Lea, Suzie, Aisleyne and Nikki (and now hypocrite is best mates with Nikki??)

Who she also slagged off for wearing skirts so short and hotpants up her a*se, eh hello she struts around in next to nothing half the time :confused:

Last night on the live she started an unbelivable b*tching session about Richard and then started on Suzie, with all the other girls listening except for Aisleyne, as she knows Aisleyne would stand up to her.

Calling Sam Shrek, Hobbit and other names and then denying it :confused:

Slagging off Aisleyne and saying she 'hasn't even got a nice a*se' when Aisleyne was wearing that thong bikini. saying she's cellulite. Sure Grace has cellulite too, seen it on the live yesterday... and anyway its normal. Does it make Aisleyne less of a person if she had a bit of cellulite? Its normal to have it, like why slag someone off for it?? Grace gets too awfully personal with her attacks.

She is a natural b*tch and it looks like she can't change.. sure she even made some catty remarks about Imogen the other day..

I can list more about her than the above but I've not got all night... :rolleyes:

Do the right thing: Call 1514 712 005 evict her sorry as*

RSTA! Do the right thing: Call 1514 712 005 evict her sorry as*

Where did you get the number for irish people to ring? Was looking for that for sezer! Let me know if I just have to change the last digit for the rest of nominations?

That's made me day getting to vote for grace! twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think the OP needs to watch the show more often. The girl is absolutely horrendous with her bitching and nasty comments!

The OP mentions her behaviour typifies the behaviour of a schoolgirl which may or may not be the case but this girl is 20 and not 14. She is a dance teacher and will most likely never work again in that field especially if she teaches children.

She is very immature and clearly comes from a spoilt well-to-do background.

Even if you watched last nights highlights show on its own you would realise this.

As for the people the OP referring to the kind of people who go to the eviction night, that whole thing is organised and orchestrated and is a pantomime.

Actually the whole point of my post wasn't to name out all the bad things that she has done! I was simply saying that I think it's wrong to heckle and victimise ANYONE and the reception that she will inevitably receive on Friday will actually be frightening for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Faerie wrote:
    Actually the whole point of my post wasn't to name out all the bad things that she has done! I was simply saying that I think it's wrong to heckle and victimise ANYONE and the reception that she will inevitably receive on Friday will actually be frightening for her.
    I agree that it's a bit sad for a group of people to be baying for the blood of some nobody that made a few bithcy comments on a reality show, but this is Big Brother and that's the deal now. You get you 15 mins of fame and quite a bit of dosh to boot, and in return you get booed on your eviction night, especially if you've been in anyway bitchy or even boring for that matter.

While it doesn't justify the carry on of some of the Joe public, all the contestants knew what they were getting into before they went in and if they were naive enough to think that they are invincible to the booing well then maybe being booed and and jeered by a group of around a 1000 Muppets is the reality check they desperately need.

Faerie wrote:
    Well do you not think that that says something worrying about the people who go to the evictions? I think that they must have serious issues to go and do that to another human being.
    I personally believe that the people that go along to these eviction nights are mentally tapped. Especially the ones that go to the opening night and make their way to the front to shake the hands of a complete and utter nobody. Like c'mon FFS!! It's one thing to watch the show on TV but to actually turn up to shake their hand or to touch them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Faerie wrote:
    but the chanting on Friday's show was beyond cruel.

I think it's horrific to do that to ANYONE but to do it to someone who will obviously be affected and devastated by it makes me sick.

I'm totally expecting everyone to start saying all the 'horrible' things Grace has done but does she really deserve to have to walk out in front of a crazed mob?
    Faerie wrote:

That's a bit melodramatic.

Faerie, I think you're being a bit melodramatic.

The chanting is fair game, its not cruel. If you go on a TV show chasing fame, you have to accept noteriety also.

Horrific?, hardly, it's just pantomine. Fifteen minutes after the interview with Davina she will be back in her old life, with family, friends etc, the show will be over, a little booing will be forgotten.

Crazed mob?, tv punters like you and me, who have their favourites, they're not carrying pick-axe handles and baying for blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i think she reminds us all of people we know and would have loved to have booed or stood up to. Now we get the chance to boo grace on friday, and part of those boos will also be directed at the type of person she reminds us of in our own lives.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well she honestly thinks she should be cheered when she leaves the house when all she has done is be a total b!tch!!!

Insulting people, Lying, blaming others but not herself!! Now her reaction to the "Get Grace out" thing is to cry and try make the public feel sorry for what they have done!!

Was there not an episode where as she also said she was out to destroy Ais and Sam???

Stealing the drink!!!

All in all she is a fool, look at her reaction to not getting the prize the other day aswell when they drew straws!!!

All in all she knew she was going to be judged by the public, she knew what reaction she would get from her antics and then she will hear it all on Friday when she gets booted out for denying all of her antics and shipping the blame on Mikey!!

• Advertisement

So, its ok to booo the baddies in a pantomime in a theatre
    But we're not supposed to do it to the baddies in a pantomime on the TV :confused:

Ok then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bamboozled wrote:
    So, its ok to booo the baddies in a pantomime in a theatre
    But we're not supposed to do it to the baddies in a pantomime on the TV :confused:

Ok then :rolleyes:
    I suppose the difference there is that it's an Actor that you're booing at a Pantomime compared to a real person in BB. Plus the Actor knows they're a Baddy before they even go on stage, BB contestants don't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

BaZmO* wrote:
    I suppose the difference there is that it's an Actor that you're booing at a Pantomime compared to a real person in BB. Plus the Actor knows they're a Baddy before they even go on stage, BB contestants don't.

But they are the ones doing it, not as if the public is making them to be like that!!

They know they're baddies.
    How many years have the public been rooting for the underdog?
    As soon as Grace got in there she tried to be Top dog. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Bamboozled wrote:
    They know they're baddies.
    How many years have the public been rooting for the underdog?
    As soon as Grace got in there she tried to be Top dog. ;)
    jaysus you might as well have just quoted your one from bblb there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Yet nobody, on any forum, is able to list 5 or more examples of her "bullying".

Take a sit...

Bullying doesnt neccessarly mean throw a thump here and there.
    Her STYLE of bullying is more mentally focused.

She plays people of each other.
    She makes people feel small.
    She convinced Mikey to convinced Glynn to step of the podium in the task.
    She has made Mikey feel responsible for her eviction.
    She has openingly admitted that she will make suzie's life hell this week.
    She has organised gangs to stir the crap with other house mates.

When she was nominated this week where you watching a different programme, splashing water on suzie at the pool, signing beauty and the beast emphasis and shouting beast after she was focused the leave the pool area. Stealing her champange.

Grace is a bully full stop.

:| wrote:
    jaysus you might as well have just quoted your one from bblb there
    Sorry. I dont watch BBLB. Dont watch any of the spin off shows. I've already had this conversation on many different BB forums since Grace started her ****e in the house.
    if you think I quoted her... then sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

She deserves the boos on friday night as its going to pretty much end there.She will leave the house get booed,then Davina will go easy on her in a room of her fans.Interview finishes then she will meet the press ,might get a rough time from them.
    Then its meet the family,then after that,photo shoot ,interview,photo shoot,interview,photo shoot.Apperances on the spin off shows.I really cant imagine once the eviction is over and on to the following weeks eviction that she will get anymore flack.In fact im sure when she walks the street people will be saying hello,the same ones that voted her out.Just because she gets a slagging off on TV and a booing doesnt mean the public will ripp her head off on the streets.
    She knew she was at the mercy of the public going in there.Personally i cant stand the girl i see on TV and il be glad to see the back of her but i dont wish anything bad on her she had enough balls to go in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Karma...

What goes around, comes around...

Call it what you like, she deserves it.

It is awful to watch people pick on those weaker than them and natural to despise them, especially when that person has reached adulthood as Grace has and is no longer a little misguided teenager!

Shabazz was obviously mentally very weak and in need of help but Grace (and others) saw to it that he got more torture. Grace was in a position to ask Sezer to lay off Shabazz but instead encouraged and goaded him.

Not once has she tried to help anyone that was being bulled. If she isn't instigating it she is jumping in to get a slice of the action.

She is a weak person herself and so bullies those weaker than herself to make herself feel better but at the end of the day, don't dish it out if you can't take it back.

No one to blame but herself.

BTW, I too was bullied for a time in primary school until I learned to stand up for myself and I can tell you that she definitely displays all the characteristics of a bully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

a bit off topic here, but ya know the way they are referred to as "The Plastics". Who thought up that phrase?
    At first, I thought it was like the media, but I heard Richard say it in the diary room yesterday

Advertisement