Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The French Aural??!! = Luvly job!!

Options
  • 13-06-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I thought the aural was fairly good?:D - it was nice an clear, and it wasn't too fast at all?!! Even the news bullitin thingy's at the end were fairly slow compared to most of the one's i've heard before?? But just one thing - how on earth did the boy die? Drowning, got shot, hit by lightning or whatever the fourth one was? I put down that he got hit by lightning!!! I heard the word tree an that he was beside it, so i figured he hardly drowned there? :p lol!! (i did ordinary by the way)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

was lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I thought it was so hard :confused: Were you sitting a different exam?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

I thought the aural was fairly good?:D - it was nice an clear, and it wasn't too fast at all?!! Even the news bullitin thingy's at the end were fairly slow compared to most of the one's i've heard before?? But just one thing - how on earth did the boy die? Drowning, got shot, hit by lightning or whatever the fourth one was? I put down that he got hit by lightning!!! I heard the word tree an that he was beside it, so i figured he hardly drowned there? :p lol!! (i did ordinary by the way)
    it was lightening! yeah i really enjoyed that exam...though i zoned out half way through the 2nd section thinking about why i could hear rain when it was sunny outside and next thing i heard fish! fish in something about languages :D didn't take me too long to realise that i really shouldn't take the exam for granted so i tuned back in again...and understood the fish thing the 2nd time around :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

the aural was great, deffinitely easier than last years by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

the aural was great, deffinitely easier than last years by a mile
    I'll have to disagree with you there Kronky, I was not feeling that exam at all. Kept on dozing off too... then again I'm probably being pessimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Section 1- very easy
    Section 3- very easy

The rest were hard.

as for speed i thought it was grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 piggy

it was lightening! yeah i really enjoyed that exam...though i zoned out half way through the 2nd section thinking about why i could hear rain when it was sunny outside and next thing i heard fish! fish in something about languages :D didn't take me too long to realise that i really shouldn't take the exam for granted so i tuned back in again...and understood the fish thing the 2nd time around :D

What the hell was going on with the fish? That totally threw me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

I said something about they had loads of words for fish!

I really liked it, Normally I wouldn't be great at them but I just took my time and paid attention and it really worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I said they can talk to the fish. I think i actually wrote it as "fishes", so maybe the examiner will think i'm special and just give me marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I said they can talk to the fish. I think i actually wrote it as "fishes", so maybe the examiner will think i'm special and just give me marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

i said that they had named many fish
    didnt have a clue on the rest of the language or the politics one.
    got all of last question right i htink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

Hmmm, i was happy enough with it, though the whole thing went so bloody slow it reall drew out the agony.
    Missed the lightning question, but I did write down "Tree-related accident" so hopefully I'll get a point :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

i said that they had named many fish
    didnt have a clue on the rest of the language or the politics one.
    got all of last question right i htink

That makes sense, haha, i said "Their names decent from the names of fish!"

Jaysus! I also said the boy fell out of a tree! I did get 12/80 in the aural in my mocks im expecting pretty much the same, im brutal at it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I had a fight with my sister the other day about whether its fish or fishes, apparently it can be both (i said it was fish before anyone gets all mebleugh and grammar nazi on me)

Anyway it wasnt the worst iv ever done, got 0 for the last section though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I want to punch u all, listening went brutal 4 me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

I want to punch u all, listening went brutal 4 me.

dont worry, went pretty crap for me too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sariane

so what actually was the answer to the fish question??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

sariane wrote:
    so what actually was the answer to the fish question??
    they knew about 100 different names for fish! it was to do with their culture

Advertisement