Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the LC.

Options
  • 13-06-2006 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

So anyone else repeating?

I made a shambles of the maths papers....no way am i going to pass.

Bah ill be 20 years of age going into college[got to make me some money] Is that really bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Did ya do higher or ordinary??????

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

If ya thought you were gonna pass before the exam, you'll probably pass. The paper might have been difficult, but there's gonna be the same number of As, Bs etc. as last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ballina boy

I did the pass paper...but i didnt study enough so its nobodys fault but my own..i cant blame it on the dificulty of the paper.

And i def failed...need to be realistic.

Im not feeling as bad as i thought i would...im going to try and be as pro active this year as i can be..instead of getting wasted 2 or 3 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I did the pass paper...but i didnt study enough so its nobodys fault but my own..i cant blame it on the dificulty of the paper.

And i def failed...need to be realistic.

Im not feeling as bad as i thought i would...im going to try and be as pro active this year as i can be..instead of getting wasted 2 or 3 times a week.

Maybe you should wait for the results before being certain. You might surprise yourself!
    Although it's good that you're being postive about being negative!!

Guys i know your trying to be postive and helpfull..but i did fail..i know it for a fact.

Anyways...im going to spend this year getting money for college..joining the gym and getting rid of the beer belly i gained thanks to last year...learn to drive...and just try and make the most of this year..instead of looking back at it and thinking it was a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I think its very hard to guess what grades you got & I mostly get my projected grades wrong like for example in the mock I taught I failed maths paper one and I got 67% in it same thing happened to me in the JC I wud have bet my house that I failed german and I got a C in it.

Also Maths paper one they will mark it very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Repeating for medicine here, and doing eight subjects so I have a little bit of leeway. Honours maths was a bit of a write-off :D but biology, french and geography have been OK. I'l need 4 A1s in my last four exams though, so... back to the books...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Repeating seems realistic to me at this stage..... unfortunately....

If I am, I'm going to actually study this year.....cramming the night before is no way to go :cool:

You could always check with the college you are going to and ask if they have a maths entrance exam.I know you can do this for engineering!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

You could always check with the college you are going to and ask if they have a maths entrance exam.I know you can do this for engineering!:)
    Would they let you take it even if you didn't want to do engineering, but just to gain entry to the college. Somehow i doubt it. I know nuig offer an exam if you don't get a c3 in the lc for engineering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 k8e

hey caesar
    my mate did badly in her maths lc last year and DIT wer lettin students sit maths again so u mayb able dependin on d college ur applyin 2,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

it says in the paper that NUI maynooth NUI galway and Cork IT are doing maths test in august based on the leaving cert will be eligible for the degree coursed even if they failed in the original exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

it says in the paper that NUI maynooth NUI galway and Cork IT are doing maths test in august based on the leaving cert will be eligible for the degree coursed even if they failed in the original exam

Ya i need a C3 for my course in NUIG. If I dont get it i'll do the entrance exam. They sent me the past papers and they look quite difficult and different to the LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

there's hope yet then

blahhh wrote:
    Repeating seems realistic to me at this stage..... unfortunately....

If I am, I'm going to actually study this year.....cramming the night before is no way to go :cool:

Thats what im thinking.....

ah well...im going to make the most of it...shame im going to be stuck with a bunch of new people...prob a good thing tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

k8e wrote:
    hey caesar
    my mate did badly in her maths lc last year and DIT wer lettin students sit maths again so u mayb able dependin on d college ur applyin 2,
    Tbh i'm still trying to figure out what i want to do, it looks like i'll be going to UL though. I might send them an email and see what the story is, just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

People always forget about the high amount of marks ytou get in maths for attempts

you can get 1/3 of the marks in each question for any step in the right direction so that should get you 33% then all you do is make a half arsed attempt at everything else get a few answers out get all those -3's and -1's for slips errors and hey presto you got yourself a D for a right bollix of a paper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I didn't know NUI Maynooth were doing that. Which paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

whassupp2 wrote:
    Ya i need a C3 for my course in NUIG. If I dont get it i'll do the entrance exam. They sent me the past papers and they look quite difficult and different to the LC

Is there entrance exams for any other colleges and courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Here's another option you could take:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement