Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History - Higher Level

• 13-06-2006 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

How'd it go for you?

I thought it was quite long and it looked hard at first but wasn't so bad in the end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Easy enough, could have used an extra 5 minutes to look over my paper though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Oops other thread, forgot...merge whatever sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I compeltly fluffed it. I'll partly blame myself but our teacher didn't have us prepared at all, we didn't even finish the course so I was delighted to see 20th Century relations come up :rolleyes: and pretty much everything else that I didn't study came up. i blanked for the revolutioanry leader part and just made up some stuff about George Washington.

Overall, I done shite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Really well..........thank god

Didnt think it was that hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Jello wrote:
    How'd it go for you?

I thought it was quite long and it looked hard at first but wasn't so bad in the end.

It was ok I suppose. Very boaring stuff though, but I beat my way through it. Short questions were grand. The pictures were horrible, the was hardly any if any question on the picture given:mad:. Ehh.... Documents were grand. Essay got caught a bit on, but still got through them, complete waffle:rolleyes: . I was wrecked at the end of it, had it done with bout 50 mins to spare. I suppose it was easy enough overall, considering I didn't study much for it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I didn't know what the hell they were on about for that round twoer thing.
    My essay on some guy from Boston who supported Washington was crap...hardly had any factual information. I did the other one on an ancient civilisation - Ancient Rome.
    Also I hadn't a clue about any dates on what happened for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

It wasnt too bad I suppose!
    Hu was the guy in the pic from Ireland.
    We never done any Irish history.
    Done for q4 Christopher Colombus and Fidel Castro. In q6 done mussolini and social changes.

disney wrote:
    It wasnt too bad I suppose!
    Hu was the guy in the pic from Ireland.
    We never done any Irish history.
    Done for q4 Christopher Colombus and Fidel Castro. In q6 done mussolini and social changes.

Michael Collins.

Thanx You rock Jello, I guess this means "eanie meanie miney mo" actulally works, Why was he killed and waht did he during the struggle for independance, as a matter of interest purely!!!!! :rolleyes:

For being pro-treaty as far as I remember..

He was nominated to over to Britain to sort out the treaty as well.

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm wrong after all... "enie meanie miney mo!" mightnt work.

Ah well we we can always close our eyes to the whole thing!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Jello wrote:
    Yeah I didn't know what the hell they were on about for that round twoer thing.
    My essay on some guy from Boston who supported Washington was crap...hardly had any factual information. I did the other one on an ancient civilisation - Ancient Rome.
    Also I hadn't a clue about any dates on what happened for anything.
    why didny you just wirte about george washington obviousley he supported the revolution

Because the question was write about someone who supported a named leader during the Revolution, not a named leader who supported the Revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I was so pissed off because I studied everything I was bad at, which is early history, and completely ignored modern history. I just had to forget that mordern history is the guaranteed question. *slaps forehead* Luckily, I remembered most of it, even if my answers were rather short.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

i keep hearing complaints from people about the fact that the people in history was all about "supporters" of named people. All you have to do is think.. Right George Washinton spent the Winter in Valley Forge in 1777. Then write down something along the lines of, "1777 was a bad year, we suffered the freezing cold with very little food in Valley Forge. I remember Washington staying with us, trying to boost our low morale... etc". You have to make the questions suit yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭yourpetzombie

Ugh. I don't know if I got my A, and it was the only A I really wanted. :( I didn't know my revolutions and I ended up having to write on the Agri. Rev. in the people in history. And we never did the Famine, so I ****ed my way through the last question in 5.

I did
    People In History - Ferdinand Magellan and the Agri. Rev. farm worker.
    Question Six - Middle Ages and Irish History.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

Jello wrote:
    Michael Collins.

haha one girl in my year said de Valera.
    .....another said Mussolini :eek: ....I sh|t you not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Before hand we got the sources and were talking about them and I said that Collins (though I didn't know he was Collins) looked like a Nazi, and then a girl said it was Michael Collins. She got me full marks for that question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

Nanaki wrote:
    haha one girl in my year said de Valera.
    .....another said Mussolini :eek: ....I sh|t you not
    I hadn't a clue who the hell that was!!! I said Eoin MacNeill I think!! It was a complete guess, I didn't study that section of the course at all. It was fun trying to make up reasons why he was killed though, and how he contributed to the war. I knew that I had gotten it wrong so I just made up something out of nowhere.:rolleyes:

I wanted to take the piss in the paper so much, you've no idea how hard it was not to write about Stormtroopers when the Nazi Document came up.

• Advertisement

I really felt taking the piss out of George Washington saying he invented the washing machine but alas I held back as I knew I was hard pushed for marks anyway. :)

^ Hahahah! I love you forever just for that!

My obsession with 1916, the Civil War, etc. was certainly a help for that document question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stargirl

Ugh. I don't know if I got my A, and it was the only A I really wanted. :( I didn't know my revolutions and I ended up having to write on the Agri. Rev. in the people in history. And we never did the Famine, so I ****ed my way through the last question in 5.

I did
    People In History - Ferdinand Magellan and the Agri. Rev. farm worker.
    Question Six - Middle Ages and Irish History.

you did ferdinand magellan? but it was a person working on a ship during the age of exploration wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the clansman

i was expecting a lot on the easter rising...90 year aniversery and all

people in history section i was dreading but it suited me well i used questions i had done before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

You have to keep in mind though, that it was last September they set the exams, when there wasn't any mention of the 1916 commemorations.

I really felt taking the piss out of George Washington saying he invented the washing machine but alas I held back as I knew I was hard pushed for marks anyway. :)

For the short question "what effect did that norman's have on Ireland?" by answer was "they built norman castles and brough EIGHT HUNDRED YEARS OF OPPRESSION!"

stargirl wrote:
    you did ferdinand magellan? but it was a person working on a ship during the age of exploration wasn't it?
    Yes it was, that's why I did a sailor on his ship...

**** **** ****!!!!!

I messed up my essays, our teacher is ****e and we've never done any of those essays before so I just wrote everything I kenw about Columbus

ahhhrgh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

stargirl wrote:

I'm afraid it wasnt. It was "Write an essay about one of the following people - A named Leader during a voyage of exploration"

• Advertisement

Jeebus wrote:
    I'm afraid it wasnt. It was "Write an essay about one of the following people - A named Leader during a voyage of exploration"

Nope, it was someone on a named explorer's voyage.

Advertisement