Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**The Gossip thread**

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Flunked wrote:

Amazing is putting it mildly :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Well... I'm almost as good as him.
    I just don't like to show it!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

:eek: What a talent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote:

LOL
    Very good..:D

That actually happened:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I had the revo out for the first time in well over a month today and its still great. It took off without any problems at all and ran for a good half hour on 2 tanks.
    BTW where abouts in dublin is Marks Models and Green hobby and model. I might be going to Dublin tomorrow and i might pop in

Green hobby is in harolds cross I think, you should check the site.
    Marks Models is in caple street I think;)

cheers mate

• Advertisement

Which one would be best for static models. Im looking to get some models of a lorry and a trailer. i got a lorry one ages ago and i enjoyed it but now i want to do the whole lot. The one i done before was made by italeri so do either of these places stock them

No idea :) they both staock em but I dont know whats best.
    Sure ring them ;)
    Green Hobby - 01 4928776
    Dunno marks models' one but maybe they would have it in green hobby?

Another project? or jsut wishful thinking?;)
    Okay, I have an old thunderbirds toy from years back and a small go kart rc from 2 years back. I am going to transplant the inards of the go kart to the toy as it has some 10 weels on it:D . But I dont know if it will fit!

And on that buggy i was thinking of making, still thinking about it. It wikk get done:p

About above, I started and got bored but very doable adn will finish sometime;)

Anywho I cant drive my rc's atm as I have a bad sprain to my wrist. My GP said there is something wrong there. Probably what happened to Stringers hand..
    So I went in got an xray and it came up clear but the bone on my wrist sticks out the side alot more... anywho its all bandaged up for a few days during mid term. yay:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Have any of you met any model snobs in the aeromodelling clubs? (or is it just me?)
    I have flown on my own land for the last few years. I taught myself to fly and lost count of the number of crashes in the process. I have had a hankering though to build something bigger and earlier this year wandered along to an established club to see what the scene is like.
    MISTAKE! Ended up being given a mildly abusive lecture about radio frequencies & interference even though I did not bring my transmitter with me. The old git in question then went on to fly his own 'scale model' in the worst possible way. Then I understood, radio interference & glitches are his excuse for not having a friggin clue about how to fly or prepare a model for the air. I have seldom met a group of old farts more up their own holes than I did that day. In fairness though, there was an oldish English guy there that flew the nuts off a prop driven MIG.
    I withdrew to the relative intelligence of my dairy herd and flew my plane til the rain started and that is where I will stay in future.

I knew a lad like that in Kilkenny who was english:rolleyes: He's 6 foot under now, he phoned up my father and said my T-maxx is illegal but the ones he gets arn't, pure and utter sh!t, we then went on to tell him that it was 27mhz, that shut him up.
    If I was flying I would prefere to learn and crash on my own.

Advertisement