Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BESS in TCD

• 13-06-2006 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody doing BESS in TCD next year? If anybody has this down as their choice, id like to talk to them.

Anyway, what points & courses are you all hoping to get in your Leaving Cert?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 k8e

ye ive bess down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Don't do BESS man, its way to anal in its approach to business, as is commerece in UCD but to a slightly lesser extent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

its my second choice but im gonna keep business and legal as number 1 i think and get rid of it altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

It's my second choice, might change though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I think final round offers were 475/470 last year. And yeah first year isn't the best, you have to do courses in subjects which you will never look at again and will never want to but it is a good degree course with a huge amount of flexibilty in it. There are extra language elements out of which you get a diploma at the end of 2nd year if you persue it and it is the only course in Trinity bar science and even in that you may choices in first year, where you get the chance to try subjects before you do them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

It's good. Flexible. Interesting. One bus ride. Not in UCD. It was 470 RANDOM SELECTION last year. Random selection is horrible. I got BESS after 4 weeks. It's horrible horrible horrible. (it means that even if you get the minimum points you mightn't get the course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

I've got it down but won't be touching business. Going for sociology & political science

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Great course if it's your thing.

One of its great virtues is the trying of subjects and completely ridding yourself of them after first year when you don't like them.

Advertisement