Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollerblades

Options
  • 13-06-2006 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone know what type of rollerblades to get for a "beginner".. I've decided to take up skating to try and improve my fitness as I have problems with my joints and have been advised against too much walking/running (I am only in my early 30's and not some middle aged woman!!). I don't want to spend too much money initially as I want to make sure I'll do it first. I've been reading that the better ones don't have heel brakes. I have some experience skating and I want to get a decent pair but at the same time I don't think I would be confident enough to head out at this stage without heel brakes.
    Can anyone give me some advice, is it better to spend the money now (and maybe kill myself) or should I just get a cheaper version until I get confident and know I'll actually use them - but will this spoil the experience if the skates are crap??????
    Any advice appreciated!

Advertisement