Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who tells George Bush what to do?

Options
  • 13-06-2006 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

hey folks,

I was just watching the news and I saw George Bush at a conference sitting next to the Iraqi president, and he started saying, "I've not only come, to look you in the eye...", at which point he went out of his way to turn his head, get the president's attention, and look him in the eye. I thought it was particularly cheesy, and it reminded me of another conference with Tony Blair where as it ended, he said into the microphone, something to the effect of "Mr Prime Minister, can I buy you dinner?"

Both of these seemed like they were orchestrated by someone in Bush's team, for whatever reason. I know politicians do this all the time, there's nothing unusual or wrong about it, but it's just... George Bush seems to be really bad at it.

Do any of you know who it is that would be designing this crap, and saying to the president, "hey, at the end of the conference, you should ask the prime minister out for dinner!" ???

I'm genuinely curious, surely they should have been sacked by now! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

It's nothing unusual really. He always has an ear piece with a spin doctor on the other end to make sure he doesn't say anything stupid. (Well they're suppose to ensure he doesn't say anything stupid) I always view George W as a Ronald mc Donald type character. Simply the public face of a larger faceless entity with others using him as a public communication device.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭tunaman

It's obvious he like this http://www.tonybliar.com/ lad, are just puppets for the elite.

Putting Bush up as the most powerful man in the world was a masterstroke, as most people see themselves as smarter than he is, and that he couldn't possibly be involved in anything too complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Hobbes wrote:

Is that guy in the video for real? He controlled what Bush did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hobbes wrote:
    Roffle! Very good! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

US presidents have used teleprompters for decades. Watch their eyes the next time they give an Oval Office address. Just another talking head repeating what a speech writer has composed.

US presidents have used teleprompters for decades. Watch their eyes the next time they give an Oval Office address. Just another talking head repeating what a speech writer has composed.

Yeah but anyway the video Harlan McCrane, Is it true or just a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Chakar wrote:
    Yeah but anyway the video Harlan McCrane, Is it true or just a joke.

rofl.. what do you think?

"and.. blink! ... dam thats a lot of blinking"

Harlan McCrane is a joke, Everything Bush does in that sketch is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

you got it all wrong mate this is how bushes speaches come about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjAmuXVPZys&search=bush%20robot

Jeebs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

DaveMcG wrote:
    Who tells George Bush what to do?

god

I guess he's just not that clever.

Advertisement