Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Tips & Advice

Options
  • 13-06-2006 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

• Sale of Goods Supple of Services Act has only appeared once in the last 8 years.
    • The EU has come up for the last 3 years in a row, so might be a good bet.
    • People in Business - every year.
    • Marketing & Research - every year.
    • Contract - tends to come up every odd year (came up in 05, 03, 01 and 99 but never in between) so might not come up.
    • Industrial Relations - came up in 03 and 04, but not last year so should appear somewhere this year.
    • Community Development - same situation as Contract, but I have a feeling we'll see it again this year.
    • Management Skills - hasnt shown in 2 years so looking likely for this year.
    • Management Activites - no sign of it for the last 3 years. Likely.
    • Risk Management - Once in last 8 years - draw your own conclusions.
    • Business Plan - always likely to show up. Could be in ABQ.

Also, if a question contains these words, make sure you do the following:

Calculate - To find out using numerical data, ratios, etc.
    Contrast - To display the differences between. Place in opposition to show dissimilarities.
    Define - To state the precise meaning of. Meaning of a term or concept.
    Demonstrate - To explain or describe using examples, charts, diagrams, graphs etx.
    Describe - Give an account of a person, relationship, event, institution etc.
    Distinguish - Highlight the differences between two things. Recognise something as distinct from another.
    Draft - To draw up a document, letter etc.
    Explain - To make clear in a detailed manner - clarity is the main point.
    Identify - To show that you recognise something.
    Illustrate - To make clear by means of examples, charts, diagrams etc.
    Interpret - To give or explain meaning of. To derive a particular understanding of something.
    List - To write a number of names or things, etc. You need only name them in this instance.
    Outline - A short summary only is required. Ommitting great detail.
    Recognise - To identify something outlines or perceived beforehand.
    Understand - To make clear that you know all about the topic. Detail required.
    Analyse (HL) - To study a problem in detail by breaking it down into various parts and to examine possible relationships.
    Apply (HL) - To bring a knowledge/skill into use or action - use for a particular practise.
    Compare (HL) - To examine two or more things and discover their likeness and differences.
    Differentiate (HL) - Distinguigh between. Develop seperate characteristics.
    Discuss (HL) - To examine or consider, suggesting a detailed and careful investigation, It may require debating both sides of an argument.
    Evaluate - To find or determine the worth, value, amount or significance of something. To assess or judge.

Hope this helps! Took quite a while to type out! Terms marked with (HL) will not show up in Ordinary Level papers. Enjoy, and Best of Luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

Thanks a lot for all the info!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Thanks for that. :)

For the ABQ which allot of people have difficulty in make sure ye know

Empowerment
    Management Skills
    Business Plan
    Controlling
    Management Change
    Expansion
    Marketing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Why the **** did i not do business studies aswell????????????????grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

fatal wrote:
    Why the **** did i not do business studies aswell????????????????grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: :mad:

because you have poor decision making skills - the ability to weigh up risks, foresee future problems and make an informed decision based on the information at hand e.g picking chemistry or physics over business ;)

oh yeah, in business mode already :cool: bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

smemon wrote:

Easy tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

smemon wrote:

it would make my week if you failed miserably....sounds harsh but i'd LOVE it:D ;):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

fatal wrote:
    it would make my week if you failed miserably....sounds harsh but i'd LOVE it:D ;):D;)

a tad kevin keegan there fatal ;) yeah, i secretly love to see people fail and get upset too, i get a kick out of it in a sad sort of way :D suppose it make me feel better about myself.

i wont fail however, i have unrivalled self-belief, self-motivation and a wealth of natural brian power on my side, :) a lethal combination which makes failing impossible.

i go into every exam knowing i won't fail - and it's that comfort which allows me to relax and perform to the best of my undoubted ability. go in aiming to pass and you're toast - you mentally switch off once you know you've reach 40%.

Advertisement