Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Honours Accounting

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

So far I've studied:
    Company Final Accounts
    Sole Trader Final Accounts
    Marginal Costing Statement
    Club/Servive Firm Accounts
    Suspense (half done)
    Tabular Statements
    Cash Budgets
    Flexible budgets

Only another 11 or so topics to go.

Oh and in Cash Budgets when it says "Purchases will equal the total sales for the following month" what exactly do you do? Is it the sales figure that you have split into Credit one month after and Cash or is it the figures given?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

Help! Just been going through the tabular statement from the pre and am a bit confused about December and the depreciation...i have the solution but why do you put (6800) in insurance prepaid and (720) in rent.rec prepaid and how do you work them out???:confused:

So far I've studied:
    Company Final Accounts
    Sole Trader Final Accounts
    Marginal Costing Statement
    Club/Servive Firm Accounts
    Suspense (half done)
    Tabular Statements
    Cash Budgets
    Flexible budgets

Only another 11 or so topics to go.

Oh and in Cash Budgets when it says "Purchases will equal the total sales for the following month" what exactly do you do? Is it the sales figure that you have split into Credit one month after and Cash or is it the figures
    given?

that means that there is no closing stock, so you can figure out the purchases by

Sales
    -Purchases
    =profit

usually says profit is a percentage of sales so thats how you find purchases.

Be careful with the original opening stock though!

tweetypie wrote:
    Help! Just been going through the tabular statement from the pre and am a bit confused about December and the depreciation...i have the solution but why do you put (6800) in insurance prepaid and (720) in rent.rec prepaid and how do you work them out???:confused:

If there is 12 months paid with 8 months left in the year, that means that 4/12 of the price paid will be for next year. this stays in the account while the rest of the figure is transferred to the P+L account.

So you mulitply the figure paid by 4/12, and put this amount as the closing balance in the statement, simply take it away from the rest of the money paid for the expense during the year to find the amount transferred to the P+L.

If there is 12 months paid with 8 months left in the year, that means that 4/12 of the price paid will be for next year. this stays in the account while the rest of the figure is transferred to the P+L account.

So you mulitply the figure paid by 4/12, and put this amount as the closing balance in the statement, simply take it away from the rest of the money paid for the expense during the year to find the amount transferred to the P+L.

Thanks a million!:) Also another question about the pre tabular..in june it says 'recieved 25000 from the issue of remaining shares'...why do you put 20000 of this into ord shares and the other 5000 into share premium?? :confused: Full of questions today!

• Advertisement

Check how Much authorised shares you are allowed have, if the company is allowed 500,000 shares, and already has 480,000 issued, that means that the €5000 extra earned must be share premium.

Oh god i get that now! I am so stupid! Accounting is my worst subject as you can probably tell! Thanks for all the help!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

fatal wrote:
    departmental will not come up...........think of the uproar that it would generate.......

The thing is though that it's on the course, so there's nothing that can be done about it if it does come up. It's the same with all the theory last year - teachers complained, but the department just said that it is on the course.

I'll be hugely pissed off if all the adjustments are wierd tomorrow as some of the q's can take long enough even when you know exactly what you're doing, never mind worrying about something new! If they want to change it, make a new course, don't **** us up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I know, company and sole trader for question one. Incomplete, service, club(have to go over that actually), suspense, tab statement, interpretation for section2, and i know, flexible budget, marginal and product costing and stock valuation for section 3, i think i'm pretty much covered.

I think that they're also entitled to put Published Accounts as a question one.

I wouldn't mind being corrected on this.

• Advertisement

I think that they're also entitled to put Published Accounts as a question one.

I wouldn't mind being corrected on this.

They're not. The 4 are: Manufacturing, Company, Sole Trader and Departmentaql

I know, company and sole trader for question one. Incomplete, service, club(have to go over that actually), suspense, tab statement, interpretation for section2, and i know, flexible budget, marginal and product costing and stock valuation for section 3, i think i'm pretty much covered.

And Cash flow ;) Must go over me question 5's and Suspense now. Do you think they'll ask the same type of Question 8 as they did last year? Or is it ok to leave it out? Might as well have a glance over it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

my chart would indicate that they never ask the question two in a row. i think i might leave out cash flow, the likelihood of it coming up isn't that high and i'll be able to do the other question anyway if it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

They asked teh incomplete records two in a row a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

happydance wrote:
    They asked teh incomplete records two in a row a few years ago.
    Thats why I'm going over the Type B since Type A came up last time.Just incase they come up,but they don't take long to revise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Oh I'm seriously fooked for this exam. I mean really! I just can't study for it cos I hate it so much. I've been learning all my RA formulae but my book doesnt have a formula for Dividend Yield, and you know when the questions asks "How long would it take a share to recoup its market value, provided current activity remains the same" or something along them lines, I haven't a clue what to do!!

Slurms wrote:
    Oh I'm seriously fooked for this exam. I mean really! I just can't study for it cos I hate it so much. I've been learning all my RA formulae but my book doesnt have a formula for Dividend Yield, and you know when the questions asks "How long would it take a share to recoup its market value, provided current activity remains the same" or something along them lines, I haven't a clue what to do!!

If it asks that, it's Market Price Per Share over Earnings Per Share. If they ask "How long would it take a share to recoup its market value, provided current dividend payout rates remains the same" then it's MPS over Dividend Per Share.

I'm getting quite worried, this is my best subject and I haven't got a single question out all weekend :eek: It's little bastard mistakes I keep making, but if my Q1 doesn't work out tomorrow, it's gonna really throw me big time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Rob30888 wrote:
    If it asks that, it's Market Price Per Share over Earnings Per Share. If they ask "How long would it take a share to recoup its market value, provided current dividend payout rates remains the same" then it's MPS over Dividend Per Share
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

I really can't wait until after this exam! It's my best subject yet I'm terrified that they'll do something REALLY unexpected like they did with maths and TG! We seem to have been an unlucky year when it came to optional subjects!
    Do you think it's safe to leave out published accounts, incomplete (bank) and production budgets? Coz I have :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Nerd007

me too... let's hope we're all gonna be fine! Good Luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I really can't wait until after this exam! It's my best subject yet I'm terrified that they'll do something REALLY unexpected like they did with maths and TG! We seem to have been an unlucky year when it came to optional subjects!
    Do you think it's safe to leave out published accounts, incomplete (bank) and production budgets? Coz I have :S

its my of my best ones aswell..im kinda bankin and a1 for this...ive done incomplete and published but nothin in budgeting...anyway gooduck to you and everyone else...hopefully we wont need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

best of luck to everyone, im totaly screwed and im gonna fail no doubt, less than 20% in mocks and i havent done any work since then... **** i wish i paid attention now! (smacks self on the head)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow (it better be a feckin easy exam:D)!
    XxX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

I feel sick. I hope I passed. REALLY hope I passed. Stupid suspense and tab.

Advertisement