Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millbrook / Kilbarrack

Options
  • 13-06-2006 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Various sections of the Irish Media have been reporting the recent shooting in Millbrook by stating that Millbrook is in Kilbarrack. The Irish Times even went as far to say ''The shooting happened on Millbrook Road in the Kilbarrack area of Coolock'' it also stated that this was the 5th shooting this year ''in the area''

Firstly as far as I know, Millbrook is not in Kilbarrack. Kilbarrack is Dublin 5; Millbrook is in Dublin 13. Millbrook must be Donaghmede if it's Dublin 13. As somebody who has recently bought a house in the Kilbarrack area, I resent the media implying that their has been 5 shootings in Kilbarrack this year when in fact there has not been one. I'd nearly consider taking legal action as I think it's a disgrace to drag an area's name through the mud especially when the reports are incorrect. Anyone have any feedback? I'd be interested to hear from anyone from Millbrook regarding their postal address, etc.

PS was sorry to hear about the lad who was shot, and I have heard he was completely innocent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The is a Millbrook Avenue near Kilbarrack Fire Station and adjacent Millbrook Road, Millbrook Drive, Millbrook Grove. The are some similar address on the southside.

Using the DTO journey planner they show up as variously Kilbarrack, Raheny and Donaghmeade. I would consider anything west of Millbrook Road as Coolock. I would consider anything east as probably Donaghmede. Millbrook Road is all of about 800m from UCI Coolock. All of the are probably in the Coolock Garda District.

In any case, it would be all of 100m from Kilbarrack the place with the ugly council flats at the start of The Commitments.

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Those flats are long gone thank god.

Oh, I know. I'm just pointing out thats its dangerous to be snobby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

from donaghmede myself (so cant really be accused of being snobby considering 3 of those shootings have been in donaghmede) but is kilbarracks name not already in the mud????

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Lazy journalists imo. They never seem to know anything about the city. TV3 being the worst, I once heard them describe an incident that happened in "Raheny Village, Coolock"?.. oppressive Southside media :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

All the area west of the railway is Dublin 5 (plus some east of the railway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

miju wrote:
    from donaghmede myself (so cant really be accused of being snobby considering 3 of those shootings have been in donaghmede) but is kilbarracks name not already in the mud????
    I dont think it has that bad of a name anymore. I grew up in Grange park right beside it and back then it was terrible but now that the flats are gone there doesnt seem to be as much trouble. Maybe i'm just being bias but i would move there if i had the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Well I see it as a good investment. It's a settled area and has gone very quiet the last couple of years. It's certainly a better bet than Swords, which will have
    problems in years to come mark my words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement