Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer Rights & Oral Contract

Options
  • 13-06-2006 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

Recently moved into my first apartment.. and faced with loads of stresses from the move and sorting everything out.

Decided to purchase some carpet from a well known carpet shop, however 24 hours later had to cancel it (our choice). I requested the sales guy check and see if he could get us a refund instead of credit note. He came back and offered to 'put the refund through for a charge of €50'. I accepted. He stated it would take 2-3 weeks for the payment to go though. 2 weeks have passed and he called to say refund denied by HQ so we can pickup the carpet... The sales guy gave me the understanding that this was a sure thing and never mentioned that he had to request it and that it might not be approved. Does the oral contract stand in this context as I acecpted the offer to pay consideration of €50 for the refund?

All help very much appreciated!!!:confused:

Advertisement